Noob Runner; Used to be sz 14, now an 8

Options
hhebert01
hhebert01 Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Shout out from MA!
Hey everyone. I've been working out off and on since 2011, strength training, bodyweight exercises with 10-20 mins of cardio as a warm up(treadmill, cycle, stairstepper, or airdyne on rotating days) for 2-3x a week. Last 6 months been lazy, only went to gym like 2x a month.
Goals: do a 5k distance (3.1 miles) in under 9 mins and to strengthen/develop core and back muscles (posture) 8 weeks from now.

Ive been getting back into couch to 5k app so i can run outside in the summer (gyms can get boring) and bodyweight exercise i can do in the beach or park since the weather is nice!
The bodyweight exercises have been giving me DOMS! Anyway, i'm here to log my macros, track my activity and join the community.

Replies

• kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    If you can actually do a 5k in 9 minutes then you are Superwoman... did you mean 9 min/mile?
  • Waddellfitness
    Waddellfitness Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you can actually do a 5k in 9 minutes then you are Superwoman... did you mean 9 min/mile?

I was thinking the same thing lol but anyway good luck with your journey I use to be a very experienced runner but have had 2 surgeries on my ankle so my times aren't as good as they use to be but if you need any help or advice on how to improve your runtime then I'm here just shoot me a message
  • annabel92
    annabel92 Posts: 77 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    hhebert01 wrote: »
    Shout out from MA!
    Hey everyone. I've been working out off and on since 2011, strength training, bodyweight exercises with 10-20 mins of cardio as a warm up(treadmill, cycle, stairstepper, or airdyne on rotating days) for 2-3x a week. Last 6 months been lazy, only went to gym like 2x a month.
    Goals: do a 5k distance (3.1 miles) in under 9 mins and to strengthen/develop core and back muscles (posture) 8 weeks from now.

Ive been getting back into couch to 5k app so i can run outside in the summer (gyms can get boring) and bodyweight exercise i can do in the beach or park since the weather is nice!
    The bodyweight exercises have been giving me DOMS! Anyway, i'm here to log my macros, track my activity and join the community.

9 minutes for 5km??? Who are you, Mo Farah? :p