Weight lifting work out times

Options
For the people that lift:

If the gym was completely empty - how long would it take to complete and average workout without the warm up or cool down.

Replies

• Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    40 - 60 min for me. Working out the whole body at one day I'm at gym so takes a while.
  • holly273
    holly273 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Probably right on an hour. If you count stretching, maybe an hour and 10 or hour and 15. I'm the same as the above poster - I don't do splits, just full body 3x or 4x a week.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Average for whom?

Most of the workouts pushed on this site would be completed in about 40-45 mins or so, including rest and plate changes. If the gym was fully equipped and empty it could be faster if you preloaded the equipment for the next exercise between sets.

More time if you train with a partner. More time if you play on the forums between sets. Less time if you use a timer to count down your rest breaks
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    about 45 mins
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Currently 30ish minutes due to lighter weights from injury recovery. Prior to injury about 60 minutes due to long breaks between heavier lifts.
  • SaoirseRuth
    SaoirseRuth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I worked my back today, it took me an hour. The gym was empty as well, I go when it opens first thing in the morning.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Cool - I was just wondering :) I take roughly 45-60 mins