How long did it take you to lose your first 20 pounds?

Options
2»

Replies

• jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious what it is for other people. I started my weight loss journey on May 29th of this year and I've lost 12 pounds so far so I weigh 221 pounds. My goal weight is to weigh 130 pounds. But I'm ready to get out of the 200 pound club

I started the week after you and I'm down 7 pounds. 205 to 198
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    It took me a bit more than 20 weeks. Started Jan 3rd, done in may. Slow and steady.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My mfp start weight January 25, 2016 was 272. During the early months of 2016 I was losing 10 - 12 lb per month, so it took a couple of months for me. Those with the most to lose, lose the fastest the easiest.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Around 4 months for me. I started 1st December 2016 at 255lb (took a break from logging over Christmas as I was travelling a lot) and hit 234.7lb on my official weekly weigh in on 24th March 2017. I suspect it might have been a little earlier if Paddy's Day had not occurred the week before lol.
    0xmvjoq4xhzt.jpg
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    3 months. I'm really starting to push my limits physically and eat better now, so more has happened In the past month as opposed to the other two.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I've lost 59 pounds and the first 20 took a very short time - maybe 5 weeks? But I didn't weigh myself regularly so I don't know exactly. I just know that 6.5 weeks after my initial weigh in, I was down about 30 pounds. The remainder have taken 6 months.
  • sammie5025
    sammie5025 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started keto in March and am currently down 25lbs and 6.5" from my waist. I've got another 16lbs to go to my GW.
  • acmorris77
    acmorris77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Two months, Intermittent fasting
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    6 months

(Technically wasn't my first 20 but it was the first 20 in a long while)
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    2 months. The bigger you are the faster you lose. Also age slows it down. Also if you are active.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    First 20 lbs using MFP/calorie counting? Still working on it 18 months later. But I've had a couple falls off the logging truck since Dec 2015, all captured on my profile for posterity/the reminder this time around.

Taking a slightly more militant approach this time around. If including macros and not letting foul ups slide (instead, being accountable to make up the overages) doesn't work, I'm not sure what I will do next to be completely honest.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I topped out at 335lbs at one point, so when I decided to get back on the wagon for the five millionth time, honestly, I probably dropped 20lbs in the first 3 weeks.

When I was trying to get under 200 my pace was around 2lbs a week.
  • com127
    com127 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have lost 15 pounds in 37 days and I am beyond thrilled. I am still guessing a lot so need to purchase a scale.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!