Macros

Options
dalerst
dalerst Posts: 174 Member
I'm still struggling to understand why my macros intake doesn't add up to the calorie intake that the app says. Today it say my calorie so far is 2604 but if I add my macros up it comes to 2746 based on 4 /4/ 9 which should i be going by?

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Pick the one you like.

Rounding of both calories and macros are involved. You could double-check the accuracy of the MFP database entries you are using but 2604 and 2746 are basically the same number when you account for rounding.
  • dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Pick the one you like.

Rounding of both calories and macros are involved. You could double-check the accuracy of the MFP database entries you are using but 2604 and 2746 are basically the same number when you account for rounding.

I barcode 95% of my food and double check it on the nutrient information on the food I've via the web if it's not listed.

Not sure why it would be 150cals different in the rounding 30 to 40 I would of thought is more.like it?
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    dalerst wrote: »
    seska422 wrote: »
    Pick the one you like.

I barcode 95% of my food and double check it on the nutrient information on the food I've via the web if it's not listed.

Not sure why it would be 150cals different in the rounding 30 to 40 I would of thought is more.like it?
    Perhaps some variance from the reporting of soluble carb calories.

Calorie/macro counting isn't exact. You can only tighten up logging to a certain point. "Close enough" gets the job done, though. We just need to accept that we can't get super-precise about the numbers.