What do you eat when you feel like you're getting sick ?

Options
2»

Replies

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    I always know I'm getting sick when I start craving ginger. It's weird. I will drink ginger and veggie smoothies every day. Then at the end of a bug I crave avocado. My husband teases about my weird food cravings for specific things.

Mmmmm gin-gins are great when I'm feeling icky.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Here's something for next time around: You can keep fresh ginger root in the freezer, wrapped in a paper towel and inside a plastic bag. It grates really nicely when it's frozen, and you can use it in tea with lemon and honey, or in soups or stews. I think the fresh ginger tastes better than powdered, and is probably more effective than ginger ale.

I liked the watermelon idea because sometimes its hard to drink as much fluid as you need when you're sick. I've read that extra fluids help the immune system and shorten the duration of the virus.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    ohhhhhh . . . you guys are reminding me that one time i made this huge batch of candied ginger in my slow cooker.

the syrup that it left behind was even better than the ginger itself. really fierce and warm and just the right grade of slightly-caramelized sweetness . . . i made 'tea' with it the next time i got felled by a cold and it saved my sanity.

i'd prolly do that again next time i get sick. especially now that i have a pressure cooker and dont' have to predict it a few days in advance.