Does anyone have a meal plan they can share?

Options
It doesn't have to be specific, it can be as simple as lunch: x amount of protein, x amount of carbs, x amount of vegetables, x amount of fat. Or at least some advice on how to meal plan. I do prep my work lunches for the week on Sundays, I have the same breakfast every day, but dinner and snacks are my biggest issue I think.

I'm thinking between 1200 and 1500. I realize that's low, I just want to get the 10 pounds off I've gained since breaking my arm last summer, then I'll go back to my regular weight loss and exercise plan. I've lost 50 pounds, so gaining 10 back when I still had about 20 left to lose to reach my goal really sets me back.

Thanks for any and all help offered, it will be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I can share.
    I eat three meals per day, but that's not important. Number of meals is habit and preference.
    I don't use the food diary here to track anymore. I use a spreadsheet.
    My meals are based on protein, fat (preferably naturally fatty protein source) and a vegetable.
    Every day I eat two portions of fruit, and some grains/starchy vegetables, some dairy (milk, yogurt, cheese).
    My dinners are usually protein+starch+veg, or vegetable soup.
    Every week I eat some nuts.
    I aim to eat a varied diet.
    I eat anything I like (but I like most foods now) and nothing I don't like (but I like to try new things occasionally).
    Portions are based on "natural portion sizes" for things I can "count" - slices of bread, pork chops, fish filets, chicken wings, and on weight for things that are "uncountable" - milk, rice, pasta, oatmeal, nut butters.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Find some pals with the same calorie goal and open diaries?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have to be specific, it can be as simple as lunch: x amount of protein, x amount of carbs, x amount of vegetables, x amount of fat. Or at least some advice on how to meal plan. I do prep my work lunches for the week on Sundays, I have the same breakfast every day, but dinner and snacks are my biggest issue I think.

I'm thinking between 1200 and 1500. I realize that's low, I just want to get the 10 pounds off I've gained since breaking my arm last summer, then I'll go back to my regular weight loss and exercise plan. I've lost 50 pounds, so gaining 10 back when I still had about 20 left to lose to reach my goal really sets me back.

Thanks for any and all help offered, it will be greatly appreciated!

Most people do not plan their meals around this amount of this and this.
    If you want recipes that include macros, go to the MFP recipe blog:
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/category/nutrition/recipes/

• jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My goal is about 1400-1700 calories a day depending on exercise. I generally am a little low on protein in the morning (15-20g) so I try to eat more protein for lunch and dinner. I think generally I'm aiming for 100-110g of protein. I'm trying to stay around 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat.
    On an ideal day I'll have greek fat free yogurt in the morning with coffee.
    Lunch will be chicken breast or eggs with fruit
    Dinner is a protein, a big salad and at least one veg if not two. (and wine lol)
    I'm just starting on MFP so I'm still figuring it all out but I'm down 7 pounds in 4 weeks so I must be doing something right :)
    My diary is open if you want to look at it - it's not perfect yet but I'll get there!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    If you prelog and do meal prep... and use your macros to guide your food choices that is all the plan you need... I eat 3 main meals... and add 2 snacks in between... avoid booze... and potatoes and white rice... I try to get my carbs in early... and protein in later in the day to feel full longer and avoid binging in the evening... lots of water also is key
  • John1643
    John1643 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    when I'm "behaving" or trying to lose - whatever you want to call it

breakfast:
    cheesestick and a tablespoon of creamer in my coffee

lunch around 600 - 700 calories:
    some variation of quinoa, vegetables, meat - maybe Mexican seasoned beef or chicken with salsa and cheese, maybe stir fry, whatever. Then something sweet; fruit, yogurt or a fiber one brownie.

dinner around 500 - 600 calories:
    vegetables, meat then again something sweet; fruit, yogurt, brownie.

I try to avoid all snacking