Logging Leftovers

I was just wondering how everyone logs eating leftover dinner the next day for lunch. In my case I didn't make extra to have as leftovers, instead I just felt full so I put the plate in the fridge to have for lunch tomorrow.

Is it okay to leave the calories in today's dinner as a whole meal (that I partially consumed) and it will just even out for the week? Or try to work out how much I have left and minus from today dinner to add to tomorrow Lunch? Although not sure how to do this with the individual ingredients as they are now all together.

Not sure if I really need to even worry about it but would be interesting to see what others do.

Kx

Replies

• DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Keep it simple :). I do exactly what you described - if I've logged something but didn't finish it as intended and eat it later or the next day, I've already logged those calories. There is no need to try and figure out what you ate today vs. what you eat as leftovers tomorrow as a percentage of the meal. I try to keep in a general daily range for calories, but pay more attention to the weekly totals, as well.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Your days will be off but the weekly total would be the same. So it shouldnt matter much in the long run. Just be careful that you dont under eat consistently as that could start to give you health issues. Try to make sure that you are at least eating 1200 per day even if you feel full.
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    LMAO really you can do anything you like.
    You can not log anything, or you can log that you ate all the bean pies in the world.

What is going to be authentic and as realistic as possible is what I go for.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,241 Member
    It doesn't matter if you eat the caloeies on the previous day or the following one. Just do what is easiest for you.