What do you do to be happy

Options
Jonathanak6
Jonathanak6 Posts: 73 Member
Struggling to find something that makes me happy, I'm 21 and have no friends and it's summer and I'm waiting for fall to go back to college so I'm bored, lonely and depressed. Haven't been to the gym in about a week after working out for 2 months it got boring but I might go back, but I don't think of it as fun just something to do.

Replies

• captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Try to bring joy to others, we are all on our own journey and i know everyone has their own thing but I think bringing joy to others brings me joy
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Go volunteer somewhere. Have a purpose so life doesn't seem so aimless.
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Why not check out something like meetup.com and see if maybe there is a meet up that looks interesting. Might be a good way to make new friends. It's harder to make friends when we get older but it's still possible with some effort and vulnerability.
  • chantelp0508
    chantelp0508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If nothing else, hit up a local bar.
  • chantelp0508
    chantelp0508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    He doesn't have to get obliterated
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Cloud gazing is always good
  • Jonathanak6
    Jonathanak6 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    any ideas from introverts?
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I find music a good pick me up. Really, really, really loud music, with lots of explicit language.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    any ideas from introverts?

Hi. I'm super introverted and I get what you're saying I think. A year ago a friend recommended I read the book 'Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself' by Dr Joe Dispenza. All I can say is that it changed my life. It's tough to summarize but it talks about how everything we believe about ourselves and our lives is reinforced every time we believe it, but because of the plasticity of our brains, new connections can be formed and old ones altered. I realize that it sounds like tomkookery when summarized, but it's a very helpful book. Consider reading it. :smile:

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Video games that have a community, so like a MMO. I can interact with others, or not, but knowing people are there when I decide to talk feels nice.
  • BrendanMcGroarty
    BrendanMcGroarty Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm also introverted. I enjoy being alone but never regret striking up conversations with people. I think that it is the human condition to be alone. Most people simply ignore the fact that they are alone. That makes it easy to talk to people. I know they usually want a break from solitude. And then we both just drift back into solitude, happily. Usually.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    Video games that have a community, so like a MMO. I can interact with others, or not, but knowing people are there when I decide to talk feels nice.

That's what mfp is for me.

• Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    I like to take hikes in the mountains. Look at the scenery, take in the beauty. That helps.
  • GilbsW00
    GilbsW00 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Go do something nice for random people :)