Loosing weight or fat?

Hi everyone!
I've recently started to try and get my eating back on track because I've had lots of problems with binge eating and bulimia in the past. I'm almost fully over that now and I'm looking for health!
But I still want to improve on my body. Currently I'm 4"11 and weigh about 50kg. I'm not too fussed about my weight in general but I don't like the way I look. I have fat around my belly that I'd love to get rid of but not actually loose muscle? Can anyone help me on this one?

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Focus on getting at least 70 grams of protein a day and do some floor exercises to tone yourself up. Lots of videos online.
    One note about belly, I find that when I leave breads alone, my tummy goes down. Best is when I eat foods like avocados and produce. High salt foods and alcohol also bloat my stomach.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Focus on getting at least 70 grams of protein a day and do some floor exercises to tone yourself up. Lots of videos online.
    One note about belly, I find that when I leave breads alone, my tummy goes down. Best is when I eat foods like avocados and produce. High salt foods and alcohol also bloat my stomach.

Bloat is not fat.

OP, you can either eat at a deficit to lose fat, whilst resistance training to help maintain muscle, or if you don't want to lose weight, I'd look in to recomp (eating at maintenance, and resistance training, to very slowly gain muscle as you lose fat - changing your body composition without weight change)