Veteran and aspiring PT

Options
Hey everyone so here's my story. I'm 31yo living in Japan with my wife (Japanese) and two kids. I served in the US Marine Corps for a little over 9 years but a motorcycle wreck ruined my career and almost my life. Before the wreck I was a gym rat and supplement junkie then after the wreck I was wheel chair bound for awhile and put on quite the weight. I had surgery on my ankle and 2 years of rehabilitation but non of it helped so they told I had to go. While I was in the Marines I was a very active runner. My 5k time was around the 18min mark and my 10k around the 42min mark. My ankle still gives me trouble today and has cause me severe back pain with a herniated disc as well so it's made running again quite difficult. However I have pushed past it and started running daily again and getting my weight and body fat back down. Last year I was down to 12%bf and around 155lbs. I did yoga daily and ran. The beginning of this year we found out my daughter had cancer and well it devastated us and I let myself go again. Well my daughter is doing much better and she's a fighter so I'm going to fight to make sure my health is where it needs to be so I can enjoying being a father and husband. I am currently working on getting my bachelors in kinesiology/physical education so I can become a physical therapist to help others get through what I've been through. I also want to be a Personal Trainer as well and I figured those would go hand in hand. Looking for friends to help motivate and to keep me motivated along my journey and theirs. Remember nothing great comes from comfort zones so never give up and keep pushing harder!!! Nice to meet you all

Replies

• CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I am incredibly sorry to hear of your family's hardships. I commend your perseverance and I wish you all the absolute best in life <3
  • Numericmama373
    Numericmama373 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry your daughter got cancer. I hate cancer. It sucks.

One of my best friends had cancer as a child (and again at 21 because the medical field was so new they didn't really know what they were doing yet). She is now 48, with 2 kids and doing well!
  • Waddellfitness
    Waddellfitness Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, cancer does suck but we will get past it and be a stronger and closer family because of it.