Spousal Sabotage

Options
2»

Replies

• Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are both dieting, both on MVP and both are having success with me losing 68 lbs. in the first three months and her losing over 55 lbs. in a bit longer of a period of time. We follow our own plans separately and they are quite different. I log in everything daily, she doesn't. I can only walk for exercise because of permanent physical disability and walk every day 10 plus miles a day, she only occasionally walks. I always invite her to join me when she is here. Sometimes she goes, other times I go alone. Sometimes she gets angry when I go when she can't. I don't let that concern me, I just go. She has gotten to where when she has something with high calories to eat, she no longer offers it and figures If I wanted it, I would ask.

I just do what I do and not worry about her and she does the same and it is now working out fine.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Nobody is responsible for you, remember you are the one making the change not him. Why should he change if he is happy. I feel we are only getting one side of this story so with that said. You need to take responsibility for your eatting and if he is physically stopping you then you need counseling. Best of luck to you both.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    The most important 120 lbs I lost was my wife. She was often complaining bat me being fat, and often bringing home pie, and asking why I couldn't just control myself. But when I would suggest we take up a sport together, she always found a way out of it.

Just saying...
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    The most important 120 lbs I lost was my wife. She was often complaining bat me being fat, and often bringing home pie, and asking why I couldn't just control myself. But when I would suggest we take up a sport together, she always found a way out of it.

Just saying...

LOL - I can see your point