Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I say "move over unless you wanna catch SARS AIDS"
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I usually go with A, but on the occasion where I try that and they just so happen to step to the side as well and cut me off?

bOLp0YT.gif
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    I usually go with A, but on the occasion where I try that and they just so happen to step to the side as well and cut me off?

bOLp0YT.gif

could we re-enact this? But in a slower more gentle manner, and pantsless?

Sure but which of us gets to be the big spoon?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would walk past them. Say "Good morning or Good afternoon" depending on the time. Being rude to someone because they don't walk as fast or have the same gait or stride as you is wrong.

I am that guy that might be walking slower than you. I take a 5 mile walk through trails by my home about 5 times a week. I do it to relax and forget about the stress of the day. I usually grab a cigar and head out. Getting rude in my face would just get you a face full of cigar smoke. And that's the nicest scenario.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    What about when you need an item at the grocery store and someone is standing right in front of where you need to be? Do you push on in and get what you need, or act like you're really looking at something else until they move out of the way?

This happened the other day. I overheard they were headed for the onions, but they were still parked in front of the lemons. I said, "Excuse me, I'm just going to get some lemons. Thanks." and punched one of them in the face. Okay, the last part is a lie, but I did make my citrus needs known and enter their space briskly with lemon-getting intention.
  • YearOfTheDragonLeo
    YearOfTheDragonLeo Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    A
  • Caporegiem
    Options

bOLp0YT.gif

could we re-enact this? But in a slower more gentle manner, and pantsless?

Sure but which of us gets to be the big spoon?

I was thinking I'd be the little spoon and you could spork.

Well yeah then that's a totally reasonable request.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Well like today I was getting a cart at the grocery store and this old lady was walking super slow and I kinda naturally speed walk. I don't maneuver around people basically. So I slowed down and tried not to get too close. I'm weird
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    What about when you hear someone give bad advice or wrong information in a conversation that you are not a part of.

Do you speak up and butt in to the conversation, or just let it go?

This happens to me often at work, and sometimes randomly at a grocery store or something.

i just roll my eyes repeatedly until someone notices and asks my opinion

Impostor I tell you.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If the walk or store aisle is wide enough to walk by them without invading their personal bubble I would just walk by. I may smile at them in a friendly manner.
    If I have to pass closely and I am not in a hurry I may just wait until the end of the store aisle.
    If I am in a hurry and space is tight I would say excuse me and get by and go on my way.
    I'm a fairly patient person.
  • BrendanMcGroarty
    BrendanMcGroarty Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether I decide I want to walk behind.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    So, this seems to happen often... walking down the sidewalk, walking through the main walkways at work, the grocery store, etc.

What do you guys do in these situations whenever someone is walking much slower in front of you?

Do you:

A. Walk past them quickly and say nothing
    B. Walk by and politely say excuse me
    C. Stay behind

The place I work has wide walkways and few people. If two people are carrying on a conversation and blocking the walkway, I say, "excuse me" and go around or between them, whatever they open up by moving.
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    So, this seems to happen often... walking down the sidewalk, walking through the main walkways at work, the grocery store, etc.

What do you guys do in these situations whenever someone is walking much slower in front of you?

Do you:

A. Walk past them quickly and say nothing
    B. Walk by and politely say excuse me
    C. Stay behind

I walk around them and say good morning -- if they're elderly or pushing a baby in a stroller, etc. I would step into the street or walk around them on the grass.

If they're obviously hogging the sidewalk, I might loudly say excuse me -- or not, if they look like they're crazy etc.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    This is me!!! :joy: (click play)

https://youtu.be/IWwCj-GPel0

I'm the Old Lady! :tongue:

This is me when it's a elderly person. I'm Mr. Bean.

I say "move over unless you wanna catch SARS AIDS"
    This is me if it's a punk.

And most of the time, just walk around and say excuse me. Or just walk around.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    whomever it is that you're passing, be sure to give them a nice lil' playful swat on their backside as you pass on by.