From a tight size 16 to a comfortable size 12 since January

Options
Mikah45
Mikah45 Posts: 4 Member
Unlike many people who talk about their weight, I have not struggled with my weight for most of my life. I had two children who are not in their late teens. During each pregnancy I gain a fair amount of weight, but within a healthy range. After each pregnancy I managed to lose all my weight and return to my pre-pregnancy weight and stay there. Then as I was moving into my 30's I started to gain weight. I was also have difficulty with my menstrual cycle, so I know that it was hormonal. I was later told that I was into perimenopause, I am still there. I started gaining weight and continued to climb until a few years ago, I managed to stabilize. I have tried or looked into many things to help me figure out how to get to my healthy weight. I am busy all the time. I try to do specific weight loss activities, such as walking, biking, fitness, etc. I do not like shakes so finding one of those "weight loss programs" are really challenging for me. A friend of mine saw that I was struggling with my weight loss. She suggested I try her products. My response was that I didn't think that would work so well because it was based on having shakes everyday. She said there were many products or ways of taking the products, so asked if she could see what she could come up with. She asked around and played with the possibilities. She was able to recommend that I follow the plan for 30 days but using their meal replacement bars. I bought the 30 day program and supplemented the shakes with the bars. I was somewhat disappointed after the first 30 days by jumping on the scale. I had only lost 3.6 lbs while others had dropped considerably. I felt that I had lost a lot more, but the scale was accurate. The next thing that I needed to do was re-take my measurements. I was amazed at my results. Although it was only 3.6 lbs, I lost 17.25 total inches. I continued to use the products on and off. Depending on what was going on in my life I would either supplement as directed, half of the time or not at all. I started another challenge on April 1, so I needed to take my measurements again. From February 2 to April 1 without really putting a lot of effort, I was down 6.8 lbs and only 1.5 inches. From April 1 to July 1, I was committed to the challenge, but life sometimes got in the way, family functions, working out of town, etc. I still managed to try the best that I could. I could really feel the results and the changes. I was down 20.4 lbs and total inch loss of 25.5. At this point, I had to go and buy a few new pieces of clothing. I was now down to a size 12. It was the most amazing feeling to try on all my clothes and pack away what didn't fit. I was finally in a medium when I would buy PJs, shirts or pants. It was so great not to be in the +sizes. I am now able to wear skirts and dresses without my thighs rubbing together. It's fantastic!
My goal was to be in a size 10 by next January. I am now able to say that I have moved up my goal. I am hoping to be in a size 10 by September. I continue to do what I was doing earlier. Starting August 1, I will be a little more rigid and determined. My husband and I have been together for 15 years and he is taking me that week. I would like to be as close to my goal as possible in the 4 weeks before we go. We live in a small community, so that will give me the opportunity to shop for my Fall clothes in my new size.
Oh! The most exciting news about my current progress is that I am now at my 2003 weight!!!!! I had them check at the doctor's office to let me know what it was.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!