Can this be right?

Options
bqubh21weoi7.png

So if I need to consume 82 more grams of carbohydrates, 8 more grams of fat, and 45 more grams of protein (holy Jeebus who eats that much protein?), and one carb gram equals 4 kcal, one fat gram equals 9 kcal, and one gram protein equals 4 kcal...that would be 580 kcals left, no?

Replies

• jordandills
    jordandills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    One of your entries is off in macros or calories. The food already logged adds up to 1,020 calories by adding up the macros.
  • kellieinkc
    kellieinkc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ah, the Spanish cauli rice is off by 10 calories, based on the macros. But MFP calculated that recipe for me? Argh.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Breathe - everything on here is estimates. I tend to focus on my calories first and just use the macros as a general guide but not sweat too much over them. There are fractions and rounding that throw everything off so close is really good enough.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    kellieinkc wrote: »
    Ah, the Spanish cauli rice is off by 10 calories, based on the macros. But MFP calculated that recipe for me? Argh.

Did you check the macros on every single ingredient you used when building the recipe?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Yeah it looks like you used one or more entries where the macros weren't correct. Many database entries are user-entered and not everyone bothers with macros, so if you are, you do need to check the entries you use for accuracy.

Having said that, you just want to get as close as you can, and some days you'll do better than others macro-wise. You just have to play around with it until you get your groove. 161g protein does seem a little high, not that that's bad but I wouldn't get too upset if you can't get that high.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Why do you have a protein target of 161 grams? That seems excessive.
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Phew, that's a lot of sodium!