Fitbit users

Options
Kdooms5
Kdooms5 Posts: 16 Member
How many calories do you typically get for your steps? (Not including formal exercise) I aim for 8k per day and I typically get 300-400 Extra, seems a little high to me? Not sure if I should eat any back...

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Depending on what type of day it is, I get adjustments of anywhere from 300-1,000 calories per day. I don't distinguish between formal and informal exercise. Without knowing your weight or anything else, there is no way to know if 300-400 is too high for what you're doing, but it certainly could be accurate.
  • justisebrundage
    justisebrundage Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job so I barely make it to 3k
  • lost4words_ox
    lost4words_ox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job so I barely make it to 3k

me too. if i hit 3k its usually because i've gone crazy pacing the hallways at work when its slow.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    My adjustments range from 0-2000 and probably average around 500? My daily steps range from 3k-30k (I think Fitbit says I'm averaging ~11k right now). I don't distinguish between intentional exercise and general activity. That's the point of having the tracker linked to mfp (for me). My Fitbit adjustment is correct for me based on my change in weight vs my calorie intake over a period of time. No way to know if yours is correct for you without knowing all your settings and info, whether or not you're losing/gaining weight as expected and what not.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I think its pretty spot on,I have been using the Pacer walking app and fitbit but have the Pacer steps synched to MFP and its close to what fitbit gave
  • marylconk
    marylconk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    how do you link your fitbit to MFP?
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I find the calories to be on point. I walk 6k-15k most days so I get usually 300 to upwards of 800 extra calories.
    I've been tracking for a month - at first I didn't believe the fitbit adjustment, ate what I thought I should and had 0 loss one week and 1lb gain the next. Then I trusted MFP/fitbit, ate back at least half my (mostly walking) calories and I'm down 6 pounds.

@marylconk Go to apps on the blue bar on top and find fitbit - it will guide you through