Sugar Addicts Unite???

Options
I'm am trying (when I'm having a good day, generally failing if I'm having a bad day) to kick my sugar habit. I'm not doing anything super drastic, I keep fruit, veggies and things with natural sugars in my diet, but I've spent far too long reaching for our office candy jar when I'm sad, stressed, have low energy, etc...

I've done it before, I remember finding soda too sweet to bare and losing those cravings, but I am having the HARDEST time getting over that hump again. It doesn't help that there is ALWAYS candy in my office and it's not uncommon for someone to have sprung for donuts or such for the office.

Any advice on getting past those cravings and resisting when it's right in front of you?

Replies

• Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm am trying (when I'm having a good day, generally failing if I'm having a bad day) to kick my sugar habit. I'm not doing anything super drastic, I keep fruit, veggies and things with natural sugars in my diet, but I've spent far too long reaching for our office candy jar when I'm sad, stressed, have low energy, etc...

I've done it before, I remember finding soda too sweet to bare and losing those cravings, but I am having the HARDEST time getting over that hump again. It doesn't help that there is ALWAYS candy in my office and it's not uncommon for someone to have sprung for donuts or such for the office.

Any advice on getting past those cravings and resisting when it's right in front of you?

I think just sticking with it will make it easier. Whenever I am on some sort of restrictive diet, whether that's calorie restriction or from certain foods, it just seems to be easier with time. You become less and less interested in those foods or more calories once you realize you just aren't going to have them, atleast that's how it is for me.

Outside of that, things that help me are; sugar free gum, coffee, water, tea, diet soda, eating something else/planning for situations you may be temped.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    It's easier for me just not to eat between meals. (I do have a dessert, sometimes sweet, sometimes not, after dinner often.) When I'm not in the habit of snacking between meals, I don't really think about doing so, even when food is available (which it always is in my office too).)

In the short term, if you have a tendency/desire to nibble, maybe having raw veg available until you can wean away from the habit might be helpful.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    In order to not eat my favorite sugary treats I bing eat Okra. Muhahahahahaha
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Eat OKRA, the slimy goodness really prevents eating cookies and cake.