Spray used on a plate of food to make you eat less?

Options
Old_Cat_Lady
Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
Years and years ago, I remember some sort of spray that people would spray on their plate of food before eating it.
Anyone remember the name? I wonder what happened to that idea/fad product. I guess it worked by making food taste bad or bitter. I don't remember.

Replies

• MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I heard it was disgusting (which I guess was the point). Horrible waste of food IMO! :) Just eat a bit less and actually enjoy it, right???
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Years and years ago, I remember some sort of spray that people would spray on their plate of food before eating it.
    Anyone remember the name? I wonder what happened to that idea/fad product. I guess it worked by making food taste bad or bitter. I don't remember.

Apple Cider Vinegar. Works a charm! LOL.

Almost spit out my water. That's hilarious. (and I would imagine true)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    There used to be a powder that you sprinkled on your big-*kitten* cheeseburger or plate of pasta or whatever to make you eat less. Something about smell receptors. A lady at work used it. Didn't do a damn thing. It looked like dandruff and made me want to gag. I'd want to throw the whole plate out and make another.

That was something different, though.

Bitter apple, maybe? Like what you use to keep dogs from chewing the furniture? I could see that working.

Making less food seems like a more sensible, less wasteful option.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    That reminds me of when I used to suck on my hair as a kid so my dad put hot sauce in my hair to make me stop. To this day I still love hot sauce. Luckily I stopped sucking on my hair on my own. I think eating cake off yucky tasting plates would just give me an acquired taste for plate spray. Also, why have I never heard of this amusing product before? Someone please post the infomercial.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No help to the thread but why would anyone eat food that taste bad?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    No help to the thread but why would anyone eat food that taste bad?

Sensa wasn't supposed to make food taste bad. I think it was supposed to make it more filling?
  • jennybearlv
    Options
    I looked up Sensa. It basically just tries to make your food taste better so you feel full sooner. What? I though food being yummy is why I feel inclined to eat it all. I see why they got shut down.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I forgot about Sensa! I remember GNC gave me some sample packs in my bag,there was one for savory foods and one for sweets,never tried it though.
  • jennybearlv
    Options

https://amazon.com/Stink-Yourself-Slim/dp/B00EPJ57NM

I'm greatly disappointed by the lack of reviews. I was expecting sugar free gummy bear greatness.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Skunk urine sprayed on my plate would make me eat a lot less!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Heh, I remember there used to be rumours that Pizza Hut put this stuff in their all you can eat pasta, so that people ate less and they made more money.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Windex.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    isn't that a waste of food? Why not just put less on the plate and learn to eat less?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options

Apple Cider Vinegar. Works a charm! LOL.

What about chips! If no malt vinegar is available I could be persuaded to use ACV. Ewwww I can't believe I just said that.

Cheers, h.
    NB: this in no way means I endorse the use of ACV as a diet 'supplement'. B)