Going over carbs?

Options
Hi, lately I've been going over my carbs limit.
It's mainly from the fruit I eat...but I want to know will this stall my weight loss?

Most of my carbs come from fruit...but I also usually eat two sandwiches a day. Whether It be bagels, normal wheat bread, or wraps.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Nah it wont make you gain fat... maybe water. The bigger question is why are you eating so little? At 18 years old you could be eating more.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Btw if you dont mind what is your height weight and workout routine and goals?
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    After looking at your diet it looks like you would be hungry most of the time, inadequate calories, low protein and low fat.

What is your height/weight and exercise routine?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    After looking at your diet it looks like you would be hungry most of the time, inadequate calories, low protein and low fat.

What is your height/weight and exercise routine?

From her profile she is 5'2 and 112. But wants to be 105 for some reason. I have a feeling if its definition that she wants its a combination between too high body fat or not enough lean body mass.
  • merii_jane
    merii_jane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi so I know this post is old but I'm hoping someone will respond with some answers. I'm 22, 225 is my weight, and I'm 5'7. I do crossfit 5x a week and I run/walk everyday atleast 2 miles. Im a pescartarian/paleo/gluten free and my macros are carbs 53, protein 225, and fat 90. I ALWAYS go over in carbs.. I dont eat bread or processed things so is it ok if my carbs go over?? Will that stall my weight loss? I
  • lori_oz
    lori_oz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi so I know this post is old but I'm hoping someone will respond with some answers. I'm 22, 225 is my weight, and I'm 5'7. I do crossfit 5x a week and I run/walk everyday at least 2 miles. Im a pescartarian/paleo/gluten free and my macros are carbs 53, protein 225, and fat 90. I ALWAYS go over in carbs.. I dont eat bread or processed things so is it ok if my carbs go over?? Will that stall my weight loss? I

Depends on whether your 'always go over carbs' means you always go over total calories too. If so yes. If not, no but then keep an eye on protein not going too low (unlikely given the macros you are aiming for but mentioning it just in case you are way off). Too low when losing would be lower than 1g per 1lb of lean body mass.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Eating too many carbs can lead to fat gain since the high-carb foods are usually unsatieting and also high calorie. Carbohydrates are your body's prefered energy source but it can also very easily be stored in your fat cells if unused.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    the only limiting factor that should be effecting your "carb limit" is getting adequate protein and fat, as long as you're in a deficit you can eat as many carbs as you like
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Hi so I know this post is old but I'm hoping someone will respond with some answers. I'm 22, 225 is my weight, and I'm 5'7. I do crossfit 5x a week and I run/walk everyday atleast 2 miles. Im a pescartarian/paleo/gluten free and my macros are carbs 53, protein 225, and fat 90. I ALWAYS go over in carbs.. I dont eat bread or processed things so is it ok if my carbs go over?? Will that stall my weight loss? I

Well there really is not reason to have protein that high. If anything, i would drop protein down and increase carbs. You only need about 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass, not lb of weight.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Eating too many carbs can lead to fat gain since the high-carb foods are usually unsatieting and also high calorie. Carbohydrates are your body's prefered energy source but it can also very easily be stored in your fat cells if unused.
    errr no
  • Vincisomethng
    Vincisomethng Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    errr no

Wait, this isn't true? I always worry when I go over carbs for this reason.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    You track your carbs?! :o

I think i was over every single day of my 11 month fat loss. Didn't affect me in the slightest as i accounted for all the calories in those carbs. It'll only be stored as a fat source if you have a calorie excess.