Supplements you suggest..

Options
I know that it takes hardwork, watching your food intake, etc. to lose weight. However I was interested in what you guys use to maybe that have helped you along the way. Whether its certain vitamins or an appetite suppressant or something else,

Suggestions are welcome!

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    If a pill or supplement existed to help with weight loss it would be a more powerful company than Amazon, Walmart and McDonalds combined. Even the ones that doctors prescribe have so many side-effects that they cannot be taken long term.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Yeah there are really no supplements that aid weight loss unfortunately.

I do find coffee to be a bit of an appetite supressant.

And I found making sure I am getting enough protein and fiber helps me feel full. :drinker:
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I suggest multivitamin and fish oil and a protein powder. If you can afford it, I would also take BCAA... this will help your body attack the fat and not your muscles when your shedding pounds. This is especially helpful if you are in a large calorie deficit or doing fasted cardio in the mornings. Lastly, a Pre-workout can help, but make sure you get one with proven ingredients like Creatine and Beta-Alanine. If you can't afford a pre-workout then caffeine before your workout will also help your performance. Good luck!

All of those things can be useful for specific issues, but none of them will aid weight loss or "attack fat".
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,459 Member
    Options
    I suggest multivitamin and fish oil and a protein powder. If you can afford it, I would also take BCAA... this will help your body attack the fat and not your muscles when your shedding pounds. This is especially helpful if you are in a large calorie deficit or doing fasted cardio in the mornings. Lastly, a Pre-workout can help, but make sure you get one with proven ingredients like Creatine and Beta-Alanine. If you can't afford a pre-workout then caffeine before your workout will also help your performance. Good luck!

Useless. Added to that that vitamin B6 is in far too high levels in many multivitamins, and it's one of those things that is toxic, that iron and calcium, and calcium and magnesium cannot be taken together, the latter two also need vitamin d for proper absorption and vitamin K to prevent kidney stones and blood vessle problems, and any vitamin b12 supplement and folate would mask any deficiency but providing no benefits if a B12 deficiency is not due to being a vegan *catches breath*