any others starting their day at 4am??

Options
so being awake from 3am-10pm makes for a LONG day of "fueling"... i try to eat SOMETHING every 2 hours and have a good meal for dinner... it seems like i just have longer to eat during the day so im eating more calories then i should, or am i? also coffee seems to be an issue as well since i need to be awake for so damn long lol, i am also a personal trainer and a bit more active than the average joe, thus im hungry more..ugh lol suggestions?... <3

Replies

• MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    Options
    Hey!

My day starts out early I'm up at 2:30a.m. in bed by 8:00p.m. I start my day with Oatmeal and fruit it is filling, I make enough for two servings each half before I go to work then when I get back home I eat the other half. I have two early morning paper routes so I'm burning alot so it is good to eat something that will keep me full for a long time. For the rest of the day I eat 6 small meals I take my Cals for the day and divide them into 6 to get how much Cals I should eat at each meal. I try to eat alot of protien to keep me full longer. I hope this helps and good luck!
  • RWilliams_Fit
    RWilliams_Fit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    thanks, i never thought to take my calories and divide them by the # of times i wanna eat!! thanks definitely helped :), and damn i feel your pain, 3am is ugly, i dont see 230am being any prettier lol
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I'm like you. Up at 3 and usually not in bed until 10 p.m. at least six days a week (7 days this week). For me, when I start work at 3, I start with a bottle of water. I have a case of water right beside me. After I drink the third one, then I can get breakfast, It's usually 6 a.m. by then and I'm starting a day like normal people. I also have a nighttime cutoff time so that I don't end up eating too late in the evening, trying for two hours before bed, which is 8 p.m. So technically I cut my day short by about 5 hours. I actually gained weight because I felt like I was eating ALL DAY LONG. It is what is working for me :)
  • RWilliams_Fit
    Options
    great idea as well !!! i will try drinking water first and then start my breakfast at a normal time lol thanks for the advice!
  • MikeRay
    MikeRay Posts: 47
    Options
    I am in the gym mon-fri @3:30am -5:00am, then at work from 6:00am-6:00pm. Iusually get home around 7pm eat dinner, play with my son and try to be in bed by 10pm. The 10pm thing doesn't happen to often with my son only being 17 months old.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite as crazy as y'all...but...I'm up at 4am and in bed between 8-9:30. I'm a protein person! The person who said they did oatmeal and fruit, that would kill me. I'd be high on all the sugar and starving in like an hour and a half. So, it really depends on your personal needs. Anyway, for me I have a protein bar (PureProtein 20g protein & low carbs - about 10net carbs) early, then a few hours later breakfast from the cafeteria (turkey sausage and oatmeal/yogurt/berries or an omelette and some berries). Lunch about 3-4hours later...snack of some veggies or crackers & peanut butter or nuts 3hours after that.... then dinner generally around 6pm. I've learned I have to stagger my food that way or I'm ravenous. And that afternoon snack is essential for me otherwise I binge at dinner.

Also, I know it seems like I may get more sleep, but I sleep like cr4p. I think it's the anticipation of the alarm or something. But I know that the days I have coffee, I eat worse than the days I stick to decaf teas/coffee. The warm liquid keeps my tummy happy, without the higher caffeine level to mess with blood sugar to trigger cravings. Just some tea for thought. :)

ps- I also drink a bottle of water first thing as well.
  • RWilliams_Fit
    Options
    mike...good for u man!! :) i try to sneak workouts in during my shifts at work since im usually opening the gym at 430, but i also workout a bit with my clients all day so i kind of workout all day i guess lol. early AM workouts kick *kitten*, and wake me the hell up !!
  • RWilliams_Fit
    Options
    tropical- ya sleep is my issue as well. i only have about 5-6 hours nightly anyway between work, school, and just life lol but i some how manage, though i would NOT manage without coffee...which is bad i know but its better then energy drinks or any of that supplement crack lol
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    so being awake from 3am-10pm makes for a LONG day of "fueling"... i try to eat SOMETHING every 2 hours and have a good meal for dinner... it seems like i just have longer to eat during the day so im eating more calories then i should, or am i? also coffee seems to be an issue as well since i need to be awake for so damn long lol, i am also a personal trainer and a bit more active than the average joe, thus im hungry more..ugh lol suggestions?... <3

I work shifts, one week I can be getting up at 3am, the next week I will be going to bed at 3am, but I know what you mean about the early mornings.

I only eat three meals per day and for breakfast I always make sure it is protein based, it usually keeps me full for four or five hours and then I space lunch and dinner accordingly. My main concern is to make sure I get the protein in, if I didn't I would be starving all day x