100 lbs loss, Thanks to MFP

Options
bele2009
bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
edited July 2017 in Success Stories
I just share the below story in a reply on the forum asking what sparkled the decision to loose weight...

I am officially 100# lighter as of this morning and I am glad to share my story here as this forum has been such a great source of motivation for me. Sorry for the long post!

Some stats:
Male, 5'10"
Office job, sedentary ( exercice 3-5 days per week, 30 mins stationary bike, thread mill or outdoor biking)

SW: 265
CW: 165
GW: 165 but recomposition to replace some residual fat with muscle mass

Starting clothes: pants 40, shirts 18-18 1/2, T-shirt XXL
Current clothes: pants 31/32, shirts 15 1/2-16, T-shirt L

My decision to start loosing weight was a concurrence of many things coming together:

While Shopping for clothes, my hubby found a very nice shirt of my favorite colour. While being a 17-1/2 size (xl) is was way too tight for me. However it fitted him so he bought it for himself. I searched for the same shirt in xxl size but it was not available.

A work colleague started using MFP to log his meals at lunch time. I always had an interest in scanning barcodes with a smartphone to get nutritional info and that intrigued me. I downloaded MFP on my phone but did not get further at this point.

I had to go to a mandatory First Aid training at work and they needed a volunteer to show how a small person is able to lift and turn a much heavier one on its side in case of emergency. I ended up being the volonteer for the patient being the largest one of the group...
8. Reading the Success Stories on MFP inspired me to set myself a goal just to see if I could loose a few pounds. That was 3 months before my 45th birthday so I picked a silly and random number... Loosing 45 lbs by the time I reached my 45th bday.

That was June 16, 2016 and I was at 265lbs back then. Pants size 40 and shirts XXL started to feel too tight. I was not feeling well, being tired easily and basically enjoyed eating and resting as doing much else was just too exhausting...

The day of my 45 birthday I was 44lbs down. I missed my target by one pound but decided to continue just to see when I would get to the -45 mark. The weight kept coming off, I started buying new clothes and feeling good about myself. As I approached the 200 mark I set myself a goal to continue until I reached Onederland (<200lbs). I reached 199 lbs on December 26 despite some holidays indulgences...

Getting the the 180 range I considered continuing to get to 165lbs, marking a whole 100# loss. Well after going up and down a few pounds over the last few weeks, I am finally there as of this morning!

I am so proud of myself and I was looking forward to this day to share my success on MFP. This community, friends and message boards are a great source of motivation for everyone that is serious about taking their health under control. Read, make friend and stick to the recommended caloric deficit suggested by mfp. Be persistent and patient, it will work!

Feel free to send friend request and ask questions, it will be my pleasure to give back as much as I received support here.

Have a great day!

P.S. during my weight loss journey, I got to the point of being able to wear that nice shirt my hubby had bought for him and even found one for myself on a liquidation rack later in the season for a fraction of what he paid for his. But not it is way too big and cannot wear it anymore, I have however bought some nice clothes since then to replace that loss.

vujdno7hs5vv.png

Replies

• Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Wow! 100lbs is awesome. Congrats :)
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    What a journey!!! Congratulation
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great Work! :)
  • marelthu
    marelthu Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work. You should be proud of yourself, you've achieved an amazing goal.
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Thanks folks! Just added a pix to my previous post.
  • Amyfinch0
    Amyfinch0 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well done! This is very inspiring!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Very nice! I started about where you are and my goal is the same as yours, 56 down so far, thanks for the inspiration!
  • Petzwv
    Petzwv Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Very cool!!! You look fantastic
  • bequus984
    bequus984 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Incredible, your starting numbers are similar to mine, I'm just beginning. I tried messaging you to learn more in hopes of starting my journey successfully, but got an error. Congratulations, you look great. If you would, please message me, ud love to pick your brain!!
  • phaliamfp
    phaliamfp Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    congrats you look amazing
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Damn dude! That's awesome!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Here's to your continued good health! Congratulations!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Your hubby must have been very supportive!
  • BerryDanish
    BerryDanish Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's an incredible loss, well done!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    bele2009 wrote: »
    Your hubby must have been very supportive!

Actually this should be the subject of another thread...

For the first two months I did it without telling him as I was unsure if I would be able to drop any weight. When I told him about it he was not supportive at all, telling me this is crazy and I should not have to drop any weight, eating to little, etc...

But his physician suggested him to drop some weight to help some digestive problems he asked about that MFP thing and I could set him on that. He dropped about 20-30 lbs since then and is now on maintenance. ;-)

He keep saying I have loss enough and I look sick though, which I could understand but at the end this is my own decision, not his! ;-)

It must be very unsettling for him, since you look like a completely different person! I'm guessing you're the exact opposite of sick, though, your energy levels must be so much better.
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Great job.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Great job, thank you for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!