Struggling with losing the rest

Options
I have lost 34 pounds so far, but I'm now losing weight super slowly (1 pound every three weeks) as I am 14 pounds away from my goal weight. I know that it just takes longer the closer you get to your goal, but I'm getting to a point where I am feeling like I will never get there. I have started eating, not super crazy, but definitely 100-200 calories out of my allowance because I figure what's the difference if I'm not going to be going down anyway. How do you stay motivated? I know I'm not hungry, but I want to eat ALL the time. All I can think about is food.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    100 cals per day = 1 lb per month so it does make a difference. Focus on why you want your goal. Look at before and after pics, which I hope you have!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The rest of your life is going to happen. It is going to happen with you doing the hard work of keeping healthy?

I am 55. Some of my high school classmates are already dead because they didn't do the hard work of keeping healthy. A lot of us here have had frank conversations with our doctors who told us that the life we were living would be shorter and sicker than we'd like. I know I did. Read the Success Stories. I'll put mine there when I get another 10 lb off. Yes, it's slow. Yes, there are days that nothing goes perfect. I'm having one today. I got my *kitten* on my bike and pedaled hard for an hour in 98F weather. Then I got my *kitten* on a treadmill and worked hard for another hour. Soon, I'll get back to work and burn enough calories to get my diary back to green. That's the hard work of sticking to it. You can do it, too.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the infinite last few pounds. Everything you thought you knew goes out the window, progress is slow, and the margin for error becomes miniscule. Everything you said is really common. I know once I got down to "just 10-15lbs left" my hunger started SKYROCKETING to the point of being uncontrollable. It sent me on a series of binges after a year of almost pristine and consistent calorie deficit. So I've been mostly maintaining. Like you all I can really do is think about food, so a lot of my free time is spent cooking low calorie protein foods and experimenting in the kitchen.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, I don't have a solution for you. What you're experiencing is completely normal. This is why fitness models are pros. Because it's difficult to maintain that type of diet and exercise routine necessary. So all we can do is keep trying our hardest. Overtime, we will get there if we want it bad enough.