Knee fat/inner knee area problem area...

Options
Generally, I fluctuate as far as gaining fat/losing fat and overall toning, however, even at my best, my biggest problem area that never seems to change is my general knee area, especially the inner knee area. Now, I'm sure that since I DO fluctuate with fat gain and loss, I would have to be strict as far as exercising and dieting goes to get my knee areas where I want them, and where they never have been before. So I'm asking for anyone's advice, of course execise tips, certain exercises, etc, that would help me out there. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. If you still have weight to lose, keep eating in a deficit and the fat will come off from all over.
  • meganw2020
    meganw2020 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have that problem spot too! I agree the best plan of action is just losing weight over all, but any exercise that works your thighs is also going to work that area. Squats, lunging or kicking would all be helpful.
  • LunaDatura
    LunaDatura Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do your parents or siblings knees look like that? You might have a case of the genetics.

Oh no... I hope it's not genetic!
    Well, my aunt's do, however, to put it factually, she is obese... But my mom's doesn't. I don't know about my dad's side.
  • lulehlu
    lulehlu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This has been one of my problem areas. It took a good 4 months into my deficit before I started to notice the area shrinking and it's still slow going. Stick with your deficit and it will happen. But patience is the key. It may take a while.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    No good answer, but you're not alone.