Copycat Boston market low carb creamed spinach

Options
dm5859
dm5859 Posts: 81 Member
I was desperate for another side dish besides green beans, salad and asparagus. I was craving BM's creamed spinach but all the copycat recipes call for a white sauce made with flour. So I combined two recipes and created my own low carb version. So very delicious that I'm glad I only made half the recipe. I just finished dinner and can hardly wait for tomorrow's dinner and lunch.

Replies

• JellybeansMomFl
    JellybeansMomFl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Will you share the recipe with us?
  • dm5859
    dm5859 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cream cheese and heavy cream in a saucepan. Heat up and mix till blended. Or you could microwave it. Add 1 egg yolk (temper the yolk first so it doesn't scramble). Set aside the sauce. Then saute two tablespoons of minced onion in 2 table spoons of butter. Thaw two 10 ounce packages of chopped spinach. Add it to the onions and cover to steam the spinach for about 8 minutes stirring occasionally. Uncover to cook off the water and add the sauce. Salt and pepper to taste and add 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan. This makes 8 servings.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've done it before and honestly, you don't even need the heavy cream. I didn't use an egg either.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Oh, yum. I love creamed spinach.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, I might try this with fat free cream cheese and some fat free half and half. That sounds easy and delicious with potentially awesome macros. I wonder how a can of chicken would do as a mix in.