I mistook my own reflection as someone else!...

Options
Kwas260
Kwas260 Posts: 11 Member
Holy mother of Sweet Snacking; that's ME!! Walking up to a plate glass window in a crowd , I noticed a big girl wearing the same outfit I had on. Yeah, in less than a second I realized three things: oh crap, cookies lie, I've got some work to do!

I have over 100lbs to lose (antique scale and mirror that shows only from the neck up were in collaboration with the lying cookies) so I am starting again.

I read this morning that "success isn't just a destination, it's the persistence to reach it". Motivational qoutes rarely resonate with me. This did. Cosistent success of small daily changes, habits, and choices can make for a healthier lifestyle and a happier me.

If you need support and encouragement I'll be on this road for a long time and would love to add some friends.

Replies

• WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It is my second time here, in 2012 I lost 20+ lbs. and kept it off quite a few years until I had to take a medication and gained it back plus some. It has been a rough year for me, feel free to read my profile, but I am determined to stay focused on health and exercise. I have some great friends on here but we can never have too many. I'd love to get to know you and walk our journeys together. Sending a friend request. Blessings...Joy :)
  • pssan18
    pssan18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know what you are talking about. A year ago a friend asked for a photograph with her and when I gave it a look I was very sad by the person I saw in the photo. Even before that, I knew I'm overweight but chose to ignore but that one photo left me thinking about my choices and I started my journey. It's been 11 months now. I have lost around 12 kgs (26 lbs) since then and I feel more confident about myself now and leading a happier life. :smiley:
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Now that is a coincidence! The same thing happened to me window shopping one day. lol You got this!
  • jjalbertt
    jjalbertt Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My ex took a photo of me and I was staring at it for a solid 10 mins because I didn't realize that's what I looked like. I have a mirror but it was almost as if the photo was a different person....I was delusional. So I'm in the same boat!