Losing weight quickly but healthy. Tips on relationship with food and will power/self motivation

Hello, I'm a 22 year old female. I grew up never super skinny but never fat. 4 years ago I was 166 pounds at 5'8, I had lost 50 pounds to get there. Fast forward to now, after meds upon meds that made me gain weight and ruined my thyroid and any self confidence I thought I had, I am now at 246 pounds. My highest was last year at 278.

My goal is to get to 120-125. I have a horrible relationship with food, I never ate horrible often growing up but as I gained weight over the past few years I gave up so often and just ate cause I could.

I need change, I struggle with severe depression and anxiety and having this body that I have never had before is making it worse. I don't recognize myself.

I am planning on a similar plan as I did in the past, low carbs, medium good fats and higher protein with exercise 6-7 days a week.

Does anyone have tips on how to drop the weight fast but healthy. I talked to a nutritionist and personal trainer and they both said it is possible to lose weight fast and healthy but not to go overboard. They told me it's recommended 2 pounds a week tops but it's still safe to lose more and many have done it.

Just wanting some buddies, tips and ideas!

Thank you guys!
I'm a pescatarian!

Anything helps!

PS loose skin and stretch marks are new to me, any advice there?

Replies

• Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Add me if you are looking for friends who have also dealt with anxiety and depression...also I have hashimotos. I personally am not in a place to lose fast but wish I could. I know I would not be able to stick with it and the emotional strain is not worth it. Small changes I can wrap my head around is what I'm going for this time and hoping it actually sticks.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,920 Member
    Hello, I'm a 22 year old female. I grew up never super skinny but never fat. 4 years ago I was 166 pounds at 5'8, I had lost 50 pounds to get there. Fast forward to now, after meds upon meds that made me gain weight and ruined my thyroid and any self confidence I thought I had, I am now at 246 pounds. My highest was last year at 278.

My goal is to get to 120-125. I have a horrible relationship with food, I never ate horrible often growing up but as I gained weight over the past few years I gave up so often and just ate cause I could.

I need change, I struggle with severe depression and anxiety and having this body that I have never had before is making it worse. I don't recognize myself.

I am planning on a similar plan as I did in the past, low carbs, medium good fats and higher protein with exercise 6-7 days a week.

Does anyone have tips on how to drop the weight fast but healthy. I talked to a nutritionist and personal trainer and they both said it is possible to lose weight fast and healthy but not to go overboard. They told me it's recommended 2 pounds a week tops but it's still safe to lose more and many have done it.

Just wanting some buddies, tips and ideas!

Thank you guys!
    I'm a pescatarian!

Anything helps!

PS loose skin and stretch marks are new to me, any advice there?

This should be the first thing to address. Have you spoken to a professional?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png