Losing more than 2lbs a week

Options
Starting with stats, I'm about 5' 4.5", my current weight is 146.8, and my goal weight is between 130-135. The last month or so, my weight loss had slowed down to a crawl. From February to April I lost between 5-7 lbs a month, in may and June I was lucky to lose 2 the whole month. This past week, without changing my habits, I lost about 3 lbs. Should I be worried about that fast of a loss or is it likely just stubborn water weight coming off all at once? I did start a lifting routine in mid-May, so I'm wondering if my body has just finally adjusted.

Right now I'm thinking that if my rate doesn't slow down, I might add a couple hundred calories. I'm currently at 1200 net, which usually ends up being between 1400-1700 depending on my activity for the day.

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    That three pounds in one week without changing habits is likely to be chiefly water. One week is not enough to judge anything on. Look at the long term trend and then adjust if you need to.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's likely water weight now that your muscles have adapted to your workout. The half a pound a week you saw in June is what you should be aiming for with little to lose, but if it does continue at this rate then definitely up your calories.