Have a lot of health and mobility problems

Options
Im finding it hard to lose the weight because i cant exercisse other than doing a bit of the wii fit board due to all my knee conditions and other problems

I did lose 11IBS (pounds) but then i have slowly put it back on and now so far i have lost 9IBS something but i never seem happy with the weight i have lost i just always think god i look so fat and ugly which doesnt help my depression

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Definitely move as much as you can without injuring yourself it is good for health and fitness. Even a short walk a couple of times a day and doing some seated exercises with hand weights will be of benefit (check out you tube).

You may like aqua fit if it is available at a pool near you. Very low impact so you get a good workout without stressing your joints.

For weight loss it is all about how much you eat.
    Put your stats in to MFP to lose 1 lbs a week ( unless you have under 20 lbs to lose).
    Buy a food scale and weigh everything, even prepackaged goods.
    Use the packaging or the USDA site to confirm you are choosing the correct entry.

Work towards a diet that fulfills your nutritional needs.

Do this consistently and over time you will lose weight.

Keep in mind that sometimes weight fluctuates up for reasons other than fat. The main cause Is water retention caused by TOM, ovulation, excess salt in a meal, travel, heat, and new or increased exercise.

Cheers, h.