Sudden big loss?!

Options
mehreen_xo
mehreen_xo Posts: 78 Member
edited July 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys so I'm losing the last about 20ish pounds. I'm currently 148lbs and want to get down to 125-128lbs. I've been tracking everrythinggg religiously and have been working out too. My weigh in day was Friday and I had lost 1.75lbs in week yay!
I stepped on the scale again Sunday morning and I had another loss of 2lbs?! How has this happened because I'm sure I can't lose 2lbs of fat in 2 days so was most if this water weight? (But even still, how and why was it water weight?) it's never happened to me before, Not complaining haha a loss is a loss right? Hehe thank you if anyone who has experienced this can help me out!:)

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yup, a large portion of it was probably water. You really can't tell much in a week. See what a month's progress looks like.
  • rachelpauline93
    rachelpauline93 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It most def. is water weight. You could have maybe not eaten as much salt as normal? Or maybe you went to the bathroom before you weighed yourself? Congrats either way :)
  • BlxxdtheFrxxk
    BlxxdtheFrxxk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When I have a lot of alchol over the weekend I get a low weigh in on sunday. Its just from being dehydrated usually. It evens back out monday.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    You have not mentioned if you just started or if this is in the middle. If you just started, it is mostly water weight which will eventually even out. If you have been losing for a while, sometimes the body just decides to let loose with a whoosh. make sure you are not undereating and go with the flow.