What Pills Should I Take?

Options
hhua92
hhua92 Posts: 7 Member
Hello!

I have recently started my weight loss journey and have been pretty successful so far on a %75 fruit diet. I have read that this is not completely healthy in the long run and am wondering if there is a pill I can take which would make this diet more sustainable for me. Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    How long ago is recently, and are you having any other ideas about it being sustainable?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Sorry no pill out there
    Balanced diet it is
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    What are you gauging your success on? There are many ways to determine success.

Plus, why not just eat a more balanced diet? Wouldn't you rather get your nutrition through food rather than eat a diet that isn't healthy or sustainable and try to make up for it with a supplement?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    hhua92 wrote: »
    Hello!

I have recently started my weight loss journey and have been pretty successful so far on a %75 fruit diet. I have read that this is not completely healthy in the long run and am wondering if there is a pill I can take which would make this diet more sustainable for me. Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

You need adequate amounts of fat and protein, neither of which you can get from pills...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Thanks!

You need adequate amounts of fat and protein, neither of which you can get from pills...

You can get bcaa caps, and many people supplement with spirulina tablets. And there's fish oil and coconut oil in capsules.... But eating is so much more enjoyable!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Thanks!

You can get bcaa caps, and many people supplement with spirulina tablets. And there's fish oil and coconut oil in capsules.... But eating is so much more enjoyable!

OK, you can get everything you need from pills, crack on OP!
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    What is the other 25% of your diet made up of?

• jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options

Dreams :smile:
    @OP - you can't live on fruit alone. Eat a balanced diet at a calorie deficit and you'll lose weight
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options

Sunlight and the nourishment of the universe

:huh: Good luck with that.

Get some protein and fat- it's really important.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    oh. :lol: suzanne isn't the OP.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

Well ... plants live off sunlight and the nourishment of the universe and the OP lives off plant eggs so yeah i guess she's doing it ...
  • hhua92
    hhua92 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How long ago is recently, and are you having any other ideas about it being sustainable?

I started my diet on July 1st. I am thinking mostly about looking for a pill I can take or even a shake.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »

Well ... plants live off sunlight and the nourishment of the universe and the OP lives off plant eggs so yeah i guess she's doing it ...

PLANT EGGS!! I for real just laughed out loud.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options

I started my diet on July 1st. I am thinking mostly about looking for a pill I can take or even a shake.

If you're committed to eating 75% fruit, probably best to look for a protein shake and throw in some avocado, coconut (oil), and probably some leafy greens like spinach. Or, just eat the food. A pill isn't going to cut it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Soylent green