Advice please ?????????

Hey guys I've messed around with my intake and goals which means now it's saying I'm going over my sugar intake even when I've only entered my breakfast for instance ... today I had a fruit bowel of a banana, strawberries and grapes . I'm well aware of fruit having natural sugars .. I'm not sure how many grams i should be having for sugar,carbs and protein and fat ect. Anyway I can reset it or tips on goals .. I've set my calorie intake to 1300

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Don't track sugar.
  • sophiesr122
    sophiesr122 Posts: 7 Member
    I don't track it like I track my calories but it's constantly saying I'm over my goal intake which is annoying I just want it reset but clueless how to do it
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    swap sugar for fibre.

MFPs macros are fine to start with.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I don't track it like I track my calories but it's constantly saying I'm over my goal intake which is annoying I just want it reset but clueless how to do it

Add something else to your goals - I track fibre instead of sugar, I think it's more important
  • lockyer91
    lockyer91 Posts: 3 Member
    If your trying to lose weight, i try and stick to 1.2 grams of protein for every pound of body weight, 1 gram of carbs for every pound and 0.2 grams of fat for every pound of body weight. Multiply the values you get for protein and carbs by 4 and multiply fats by 9, then add all 3 together will give you your calorie goal. Then just try meet those numbers as best you can give or take 50 calories. 80% of what you eat should be nutritious foods, so basically eat what you like as long as you stick to the numbers.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    lockyer91 wrote: »
    If your trying to lose weight, i try and stick to 1.2 grams of protein for every pound of body weight, 1 gram of carbs for every pound and 0.2 grams of fat for every pound of body weight. Multiply the values you get for protein and carbs by 4 and multiply fats by 9, then add all 3 together will give you your calorie goal. Then just try meet those numbers as best you can give or take 50 calories. 80% of what you eat should be nutritious foods, so basically eat what you like as long as you stick to the numbers.

that's an unnecessary amount of protein, and a low amount of fat, IMO.... that would give me 26g of fat... ridiculous!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    never pee into the wind
  • lockyer91
    lockyer91 Posts: 3 Member
    lockyer91 wrote: »

that's an unnecessary amount of protein, and a low amount of fat, IMO.... that would give me 26g of fat... ridiculous!

Just following guidelines set out for a cutting phase in the book "Bigger, Leaner, Stronger" - Michael Matthews, been working well for me, so just passing on what I've learnt