Candida diet

Options
shilpaca
shilpaca Posts: 22 Member
Hey guys, I've recently been advised by a therapist to try a Candida free diet to help eliminate the toxins and Candida from my system. She had advised on a high probiotic to supplement it as Well. Any thoughts? Any one tried it or has any success with it to help cleanse and maintain good health. . Thank u
Shilpa

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,542 Member
    Options
    There are no toxins in your body. How was candida diagnosed, and why didn't you get an antifungal if it's really a problem? Apart from that, most probiotics don't end up in the gut alive, and might not be a good match for your little civilisation down there anyway.
  • Baggyd
    Baggyd Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A lovely cheap probiotic would be to make your own milk kefir & drink daily, or sauerkraut. I swear by kefir
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    A therapist? This is a person with professional qualifications?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    If you actually had toxins in your body, you'd need to seek actual medical help. A "diet" isn't going to remove them from your system, which by the way if your liver and kidneys are working fine, then that's your "cleanse". And why is a therapist giving you nutritional advice? That's what a Registered Dietician is for.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png[/quote]
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Someone is trying to con you into buying their products.
    A fool and his money are soon parted
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    You should name that "therapist" and let people here do some research. She might not even have a college degree (yes, some can lie and print paper degrees off the internet). Is this a therapist that hangs out in the gym?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Great now "candida" is in my google history. Targeted ads in 3..2...

Wonder if it'll be more "your life sucks because your body is riddled with candida" woo woo, or just Monistat and Diflucan ads?
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    LOL, I read Canada diet when I first saw this thread and thought, "I have GOT to know what this is!" :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Have you had a look at the "Candida Diet"? I wouldn't last 2 days on it, it is incredibly restrictive and IMO a load of codswallop!
    Did your Therapist make you do the lovely spit test? Every man, woman and child has candida according to this :huh:

07202jvm1jdj.jpg

Pro tip: Everyone's test will look like this, it is an indication of nothing.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Systemic Candida infections are really rare. But if you DID have it, you'd need prescription medications to kill it/remove it from your body. The sugar doesn't cause it. But it can exacerbate the situation in your GI system if you have it. But you'd be taking probiotics and altering your diet AFTER being properly diagnosed and medically treated for Systemic Candida as a preventative/cautionary measure, not the reverse.

The only thing that can cleanse a genuine Systemic Candida infection is prescription medication to kill it and then your organs removing the debris.

Sort of like how stress cannot cause an Ulcer. But if you already have an Ulcer, stress can exacerbate it. But so can coffee, tea, citrus fruits, tomato sauce, soda, etc. Correlation does not equal causation.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    LOL, I read Canada diet when I first saw this thread and thought, "I have GOT to know what this is!" :)

Back bacon, beer, and maple syrup.

OP, the Candida diet is bunk. I'm not sure what type of therapist this is, but I suspect she isn't qualified to give out dietary advice.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    The Candida diets don't work. Try the GAPS diet and a strong probiotic.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Oh, God! Is this "diet" making the rounds again? I thought we killed that one 30 years ago.
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i went candida free and elimating foods that make us prone to yeast really works.. but I have a love affair with cashews so i pay the price
  • Marjayhan
    Marjayhan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Canesten tablets. Bye Bye Candida.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Great now "candida" is in my google history. Targeted ads in 3..2...

My husband used to work with a girl named Candida.