What do you do when you feel yourself starting to slip

Options
I've been working on weight loss for 2 months now and have lost 20lbs. I need to lose 70-80 more. I'm starting to slip and am losing steam. Any tips??

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling fatigued, maybe your calories are too low in general.

Why not eat at maintenance for a week or two, and then get back at it?

How many calories a day are you eating? I see your beautiful baby. . .with a child, you should not have your Goals set at "sedentary" - so if that is how you have it set, change that up to a higher activity level. That will give you more daily calories.

If you're finding it really hard, you are likely either under-eating, or maybe need to change up the type of foods you are eating.
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I probably need to diversify my diet. I eat the same thing every day except weekends which is why weekends are terrible for me. I eat about 1200-1300 a day. I'm 5'1.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    You can eat more than 1200.

Why not try 1500 for a couple weeks? That extra 300 makes a huge difference, and you'll still lose.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Also, either you're not logging your food or you're seriously under-eating. Make a pledge to yourself to log all your food for two weeks. Try to get some vegetables in there. :smile:
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I let loose a little this past two weeks. Health issues took me away from working out very much and my smoker was begging for me to use it lol.

Little break was fine, didn't gain anything and I jumped back in today feeling more motivated to get this done.

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    20 lbs in 2 months is pretty aggressive. A bit of a blast at first can be expected, but I'll agree with the folks who suggest you eat a bit more.

Try to keep an attitude of experimentation. Success comes from a sustainable, livable, downward trend. Keep adjusting until you find a down trend. Ride it. Adjust as needed.

Your program is as good as your food tracking. Never stop that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    If you diary is accurate, you're barely eating anything...500-1000 calories...I'd have slipped a long time ago.