Need MFP pals that don't have ED's!

Options
Hi all,
I am looking for new mfp pals as all of my current ones either have eating disorders or aspire towards them. Long story short, they're on my account due to me going through a really rough time with my eating and body image over a year ago.
I now have new goals and find the "information" they share to be extremely concerning and quite frankly, wrong (apparently all fruit is bad for you...?).
I am happy to be friends with anyone but here is some information to help people work out if our goals align.
I'm a 23yo Australian female. Currently working on my diet and getting exercise down pack but have previously dropped 22.5kg which is 49.5lbs. I don't enjoy cardio and mostly do resistance training. I'm not a fitness freak or anything extreme, just hoping to avoid diabetes. I do admire fitness freaks though!
Hope to meet you soon and look forward to supporting each other!

Replies

• BusyHippie
    BusyHippie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I sent you a FR.
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Of course, I feel sad you need to specify no ed's.

I'm a little older @ 43, do a lot of strength work and eat appropriately to fuel that. I also run / walk/ cycle, just keep active.

I'm down about 25kg, with another 10 or so to go. Not sure where the final end point is, currently health markers are more important and aesthetics.
  • xoxoniesha
    xoxoniesha Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kasey! I am glad you are looking for friends who can help inspire you to have a healthy relationship with food! I know how hard it can be to go on a health journey when people are telling you dangerous things about food and weight loss. It is refreshing to see people such as yourself who are more interested in being healthy and happy. Good luck to you!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I saw that you were looking for friends that don't have ED and I thought that's odd. I guess I don't see many commercials for the other ED. Anyway I have grown to love cardio in the form of running but because it was only dealing with a limited group of muscles I have started running to the gym every other day.