If I lose weight quick.....?

Options
mandybullock2015
mandybullock2015 Posts: 19 Member
edited July 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I've gained 2 stone in the last year!
If I lose that 2 stone very quick (getting married in 7 months) will my skin sag? (I'm 26 and currently 11stone)

Replies

• princeofmind
    princeofmind Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Losing 2 stone is 7 months isn't "very quick", its less than 1 lb a week.
    And possibly but probably not.
  • kam3190
    kam3190 Posts: 157 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    How quick do you need to lose it? About 1 lb a week is what you should be aiming for. So 6.5 months at that rate. You could lose it faster But it would be hard and you could end up with loose skin. The faster you lose it the more likely for loose skin. The biggest thing to help prevent loose skin is Strength training! Either way strength training will help because even if you don't make it completely to goal it WILL improve your figure and help you fit in your dress better
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I agree that you'll benefit from strength training while you do this. It can be free weights, machines, Pilates, etc. I think you have an advantage, too, in that at your relatively young age your skin might not sag too dramatically. Don't freak out when your weight fluctuates up and down, that's completely natural. Good luck!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    In my non-scientific opinion, I don't think the amount of weight you're talking about is enough to result in loose skin. And aiming for 1 pound loss rate per week seems reasonable, rather than extreme. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Though worth noting: you'll probably not want to lose more weight after you final dress fitting which will probably be 4-8 weeks before your wedding.