What's your secret!!!

Options
I know there have been a lot of posts about this, but can I just vent that I can't stand when people ask me "what's your secret?"
I get the look like I'm crazy when I tell them that I eat well, and exercise.
I hear all the reasons they have a hard time loosing weight, when I didn't actually ask. It's like people feel the need to word vomit their struggle to me, and that will change my answer.
I am not full of information on weight loss, muscle building, etc.
If something works for me it doesn't mean it will work for you. There is no magic pill. Hard work, I enjoy it.
Period.
*rant over*

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    You mean you didn't just pop some magic pills or drink some vinegar? No it's not possible :lol:
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I just tell them "If you maintain a calorie deficit you must lose weight, its simple math."
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Look them straight in the eyes and say baby I was born this way!!! haha

Jokes aside, I tell them stay active. If I can walk somewhere I walk, if I want to go out and indulge I make sure to have an active day to compensate for it in advance. I'm not perfect, I indulge but I just make sure to work hard to work it off. And indulgences aren't for everyday they're a treat.
  • InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    People are very keen to fill in the blanks with all sorts of exercise related things when they comment on my weight loss (which is very visible now) I think because as a scientist I'm probably not the type to try out ridiculous fads.

I've heard "I bet you've taken up running", "do you have a personal trainer?", "Are you going to the gym a lot now?" All of which are true.... But not the reason for my weight loss, that's all down to good old fashioned calorie counting.... But nobody actually wants to hear that

I just smile and nod and mutter something vague about getting fit.
  • Frequently_Fabulous
    Frequently_Fabulous Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I tell them I am the only "success story" of waist trainers and juice cleanses...I have no oxidants (because all of the anti-oxidants fixed them)...I subsist on 20 cups of green tea a day and 100 calorie Oreo snack packs and light Starbucks frappachinos.

Ahahahaha, just kidding
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Ohh, that's my "secret" too. Exercise, cardio & weights, eat healthy, get plenty of rest. Miracle, it works.
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I think it's just their annoying way of being supportive.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    When people ask me how I'm losing weight I've gotten to the point where I just say "I count calories. Calories in, calories out, I just stick to simple physics."

Because seriously, I'm so sick of hearing "low carb", "bad fats", blah blah blah.

Oh my god just eat less food!
  • Vevvie
    Vevvie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like asking if they've ever read Jonathan Swift's 'A Modest Proposal.' :D