I just don't get it

Options
Why are there always people in the forum that make comments like ;

I'm eating 1200 Cals and working out for an hour and not losing weight.

I'm 300 lbs and can only lose at 1100 Cals.

How is this even feasible or possible. Last year I lost 35 lbs at 3 lbs a week eating 1800 calories a day. With two weekly walks. Starting weight 252. And 5ft 6 in. I don't even feel like a majorly active person. Are people really just that much in denial about how much they eat or am I just that much more active than I realize?

Replies

• kam3190
    kam3190 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Ok. Because I could never survive on 1200 calories lol. Just thinking about it makes me hungry. I understand it's different when your alot smaller because I have quite a bit to lose. P.S. this year is a bit different because I'm breastfeeding and trying to keep weightloss about 1.5 lbs a week.So I can eat quite a bit. Honestly I have to be more active than I realize because in the beginning when I first started recording I was maintaining my 252 on about 3500 cals a day.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Panda8ach wrote: »
    Panda8ach wrote: »
    I feel lucky tbh... It's going well and relatively easy :) I don't weigh my food... I'm proud of that lol :#

Why would that generate pride? Weighing food or not weighing it doesn't seem like an accomplishment to me. . . it's just a thing.

There was a lol

I saw the "lol," unsure how that modifies the sentiment. Like, you wrote it and then you laughed out loud? Okay, but my question still stands.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    I started at 1200 calories, at 220.

Some days I could stick to it, but mostly I did quite a lot of exercise so I could eat more like 1700. That is a perfectly reasonable amount, and I was able to stick to that.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    1200 Cal is too little even for smaller people. I don't know how people keep up their energy daily on 1200.. couldn't and won't do it!