Who loves Elli Quark?

Options
leanitup123
leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
edited July 2017 in Food and Nutrition
eb5j9r4mrq3a.jpg
Loving the Sea Salt Caramel, Vanilla Bean and Red Velvet. For those who've tried it, which flavors are your favorite?

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I don't know what this is. :/
    Sounds like a supermodel's name.

Ha! I thought it was some new food-fad blogger :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I found it disgusting, lol.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    I like it because it's less tart than greek yogurt but with the same protein content but don't buy it often since my local Target stopped carrying it. I really liked the old school strawberry but want to try the pineapple and bananas foster.
  • leanitup123
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I like it because it's less tart than greek yogurt but with the same protein content but don't buy it often since my local Target stopped carrying it. I really liked the old school strawberry but want to try the pineapple and bananas foster.

The Bananas Foster is really on point imo
  • leanitup123
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I found it disgusting, lol.

Which flavors did you try?
  • glassyo
    Options

I am sooooooooooooo tempted to buy online but it's really hot here and probably wouldn't keep until I got home from work.
  • laurabadams
    laurabadams Posts: 201 Member
    Options

That one was my favorite. I tried vanilla bean (I liked it) & mint chocolate (meh...).
  • leanitup123
    Options
    eww :(

:p
  • leanitup123
    Options
    jospen83 wrote: »

That one was my favorite. I tried vanilla bean (I liked it) & mint chocolate (meh...).

Not crazy about the mint chocolate. The mint is too strong... and it's a strange flavor for a yogurt/quark...
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I thought it was MORE tart than the plain Fage greek yogurt I usually eat. I really wanted to like it because of the macros, but just wasn't worth it for the taste, plus it cost more than 2x as much.
  • leanitup123
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    I thought it was MORE tart than the plain Fage greek yogurt I usually eat. I really wanted to like it because of the macros, but just wasn't worth it for the taste, plus it cost more than 2x as much.

Face 0% plain mixed with 2 packets of sweetener and a splash of vanilla extract will ALWAYS be my favorite.
  • glassyo
    Options

Face 0% plain mixed with 2 packets of sweetener and a splash of vanilla extract will ALWAYS be my favorite.

I usually mix in protein powder and/or pb2 but definitely need some splenda in with the greek yogurt. I didn't for the flavored quark I tried but probably used some with the plain (along with said mix ins).

I should try the Fage 0% with just the splenda and vanilla extract tho. :)
  • leanitup123
    Options

I usually mix in protein powder and/or pb2 but definitely need some splenda in with the greek yogurt. I didn't for the flavored quark I tried but probably used some with the plain (along with said mix ins).

I should try the Fage 0% with just the splenda and vanilla extract tho. :)

YES. So thick and creamy. Not a fan of Chobani and don't understand why people rave about it.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I tried the pineapple, since I love pineapple Chobani. The pineapple quark had an aftertaste that was not ok. I also tried the bananas foster quark. That was tasty.

Either way, the price kept me from making it a part of my diet.
  • wenrob
    wenrob Posts: 125 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I liked that it was super creamy and that it did well holding me over until dinner as an afternoon snack but the flavors just didn't come through for me. To me they were barely there and I ended up mixing things in to give them some flavor. I tried Lemon, Brownie Batter, Banana's Foster and Vanilla Bean. All had a weird aftertaste. Or maybe that's just what Quark tastes like.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My bedtime meal is unflavoured quark
    And and scoop of flavoured whey.
    Currently either choc peanutbutter or
    Cookie flavours
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I just use good old generic plain quark and add things to it (can you say cheesecake?)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I don't know what this is. :/
    Sounds like a supermodel's name.

Me either.... My thought was some hip musician. :D