Anyone else lost a lot of weight &have annoying excess skin?

Options
I had my baby 7 months ago by c-section and since then I've lost almost 60lbs. My stomach has come down quite a few inches and the skin is just getting looser and looser as the weeks go on. My c-section scar under this hanging heavy skin gets very irritated, red and swollen. I clean the area after work outs and put baby powder or deodorant under to try and absorb moisture and it helps a little but still gets very irritated. It's also challenging when working out and the skin gets in the way. I have close to 70lbs. left to get to my goal and then will be looking into surgery to remove the excess skin....but in the meantime.....Curious how anyone else is coping with this problem.

I understand this topic has been posted but would be nice to talk to people who have had a c-section and deal with the issue of loose skin irritating the scar. I couldn't see any posts about that topic.

Replies

• PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I don't have this problem, but wondered if you could use a BeBand or similar slimming band product when you workout to help keep the excess skin from moving and rubbing. Just a thought.
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I don't have this problem, but wondered if you could use a BeBand or similar slimming band product when you workout to help keep the excess skin from moving and rubbing. Just a thought.

That is a good idea...I'll look into it...thank you :)
  • terriveller
    terriveller Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try a powder that has miconazole or antifungal it will help better and make sure you are drinking enough h20. It will increase elasticity of your skin, decreasing your need to have surgery for excess skin.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    yup... lots in my stomach.. but, feel like I'm looking pretty good under clothes. I will eventually have it removed.. but not until that's all that's left, hopefully somewhere between 127-130 lbs. I'm at 142 now.
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Options
    Try a powder that has miconazole or antifungal it will help better and make sure you are drinking enough h20. It will increase elasticity of your skin, decreasing your need to have surgery for excess skin.

Thanks :) I do drink tons of water...usually between 18-24 cups a day.
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Options
    yup... lots in my stomach.. but, feel like I'm looking pretty good under clothes. I will eventually have it removed.. but not until that's all that's left, hopefully somewhere between 127-130 lbs. I'm at 142 now.

You're doing awesome...Right now I'm just looking forward to celebrating 199 :) I have 24 lbs. to go