Nothing is going to stop me this time.

Options
serendipity22
serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
edited July 2017 in Getting Started
I decided that I want to be in better shape by new years. Every year, I decide that this is the year that I get in shape but my resolution doesn't last. There is still about 6 months left to this year and I would like to lose 20 to 40 pounds by new years eve. I have been at it a week now. I have been eating healthier food, turning down junk food more often, paying attention to what I eat and cooking dinner. I also signed up for a dance class. It is going to be hard but I think I can do it this time. Feel free to friend me if you want. I need all the motivation that I can get.

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! How quickly you can lose weight depends on your current stats (height/weight/age), but 20 to 40 pounds in 6 months should be very achievable unless you're already really close to your goal weight. I kind of love your attitude in this post...making some food swaps (healthier food instead of junk food quite as often), cooking at home and starting to exercise add up to a great start. You can totally do this :smiley:
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'm no where near my goal weight. I want to lose around 60 pounds in total but I wanted to give myself an achievable goal for the rest of the year.
  • haleybrnjilovic
    haleybrnjilovic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I just began tracking with MFP last week (again) after taking about a year off. I just turned 30 and I know keeping weight off/losing weight is going to start becoming harder and harder as I age. I weighed myself on July 4 and I'm 10 lbs heavier than I was last year... also the heaviest I've ever been. It was a real wake up call!! I am in the same boat as you and would like to lose 20-40 lbs... I'm starting with a goal of 10 as it seems more reachable :)

Healthy food swaps and portion control are huge for me. I've started brisk walking/light jogging for exercise and after one week I am only down -.4 lbs. It's a bummer, but I am approaching my TOM and probably have some extra water weight on right now. Hopefully next week will prove better results.

Stick with it and if you need an accountability partner, we are all here for you. MFP seems to have a great community and everyone is willing to answer questions and motivate when needed!!

Good luck on your journey!
  • lewdkiss
    lewdkiss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! You've got this. It will be exciting to see what new year's will bring.