Binge weekend

Options
Hi

I need some advice to overcome my binge weekend (I went on heavy, heavy eating..)
Starting weight 204 April 22
Current Weight 190 (Last week)
Calorie intake: 1200 (I am sedentary)... started doing 30 mins cardio with weights 3-4X a week at home.

I was thinking about making a deficit for a few days but I´m not sure...

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Just log it and move on. You may want to take a look at the reason why you binged as well (stress? overrestriction of calories/foods?)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Just stay at the 1200 and keep moving forward. You don't need to go lower than what is already a low intake. We all have bumps and blips. Just don't make a habit out of it.
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It is ok, no one is prefect. Maybe add 30 minutes of walking each evening/

Try to identify the cause of the binge is important to keep it from happening again.

Congrats on the 14 pounds lost so far!
  • SaraydaB
    SaraydaB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think because I am working on saying NO on weekends....

First was at work and I overcome that. People here used to eat sweets like 4 times a week... And now I can easily say NO. But weekends for me are still a problem.
  • SaraydaB
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Thank you! I think I am going to stick to my 1200 and make it more fiber/protein/ less carbs...
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I used to have binge weekends when I was eating too low. 1200 may be appropriate for your height and activity but it may also be really aggressive which (I know from experience) is counter productive in the long run. What is your height, weight and activity level?

ETA: NVM you put it. Even sedentary that's way too low for that weight... How tall are you?
  • SaraydaB
    Options

I used to have binge weekends when I was eating too low. 1200 may be appropriate for your height and activity but it may also be really aggressive which (I know from experience) is counter productive in the long run. What is your height, weight and activity level?

ETA: NVM you put it. Even sedentary that's way too low for that weight... How tall are you?
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am 5´6 - 190 pounds and sedentary (have been adding 3-4 times a week 30 mins cardio with weights at home)
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of the others IF you consider trying to go up some on your calories do it slowly- maybe go to 1250 a week- then up to 1300 the next week IF it does not make you gain- like that- but when we binged you might have just been overly tired.... or just tired of eating on so low amount of calories- You may want to look at our high volume thread over in Food and Nutrition on this site- some of the people there have some amazing food ideas for VERY few calories and lots of food- I check it out daily!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Just log it and go on.

If you have continuing difficulty resisting binges, consider increasing your regular daily calorie allowance a bit, to make it more sustainable.

A higher calorie goal you can stick with, vs. an aggressive goal that results in binges . . .you might actually lose weight more quickly and predictably on the higher goal, with less drama or guilt. Just a thought! ;)