How long do you usually spend in the gym?

Options

Replies

• Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 60-90 minutes from warm-up to stretching for 5-6 days a week. I started trying something different this week and am trying to keep it to no more than an hour, so I can get to work earlier.
  • MrCool85
    MrCool85 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Juz 30 mins, then i feel so sleepy. :(
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Sixty minutes most days. 45 if I am in a hurry or 90 if it's Saturday and a good movie is playing in Cardio Cinema.
  • Vevvie
    Vevvie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    45 minutes strength training, followed by 45 minutes on cardio. Then, I reward myself for another 15 minutes either in the pool or jacuzzi. :) 4 times a week for strength training, and 5-6 times a week on cardio.
  • Mallyycatt
    Mallyycatt Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I always tell myself that I'm going to get in and out within an hour and a half, but that never happens. I usually am there for about two to two and a half hours. Granted, I do 1 minute rests between sets, and then there's always the time that is spent waiting to get on certain machines/benches!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I lift once a week for about three hours (includes warm-up, lifting, cooldown, stretch), 90 minutes Vinyasa yoga 3-4 times a week, cardio twice a week (one HIIT, one steady state with stretching after, about 1-1.5 hours).
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    60-120 minutes, depending on programming and rest periods.

eta: 4x/week
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    35-40 minutes a day, 4-5 days a week.
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    45-60 minutes, five days a week.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    About 45 - 90 minutes.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I work out 3-4 times a week. When I can afford it, I prefer working with a trainer. For those sessions I'll come in 20 minutes early to stretch and warm up on my own, then I'll do a full 60 minutes with the trainer: very focused, very intense, minimal breaks, and minimal chatting. It's never the same workout twice in a row, but is usually some combination of body-weight exercises, traditional strength-building moves (squats, deadlifts, etc.) and core work, punctuated with either sprints on the elliptical, or jumping rope. If I'm on my own I try to do a similar mix, and keep up a similar level of intensity, but I don't always achieve it. I usually end up doing plus 45 minutes (not including warmup) or so in that case. I track all my workouts on my FitBit, and the heart-rate difference between a trainer-directed workout and a self-directed workout is, um, interesting!
  • cornerstonerswag
    cornerstonerswag Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    4x's a week - usually 2& half hrs. That 1st half hour is spent bullsh*tting tho..... Come in, sit there in the locker room like 10mins getting my mind right... Then gotta pee. Then put on "gear" (Rx pain patches, freebrese 2hide that herbal smell from the parking lot, sweat band...etc). Massage chair/Finding my Youtube-Pandora station time....gotta pee AGAIN! Then its off to the actual gymnasium floor to give my body over for an hour to The Crucible....aka that damnable Elliptical yo! Then weights....then back 2that parking lot....ya know? ;)
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    1-3hr 5/6x wk
    powerlifting, long rests between sets
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    2 to 5 hours - Monday through Friday. Except this past week because I pulled my shoulder/neck or something and couldn't turn my head. It was heinous. I had to stay home all week and actually try to eat 1200 calories. :s

curious - what do you do in the gym for 2-5 hours per day?????
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    45 minutes, 3 days a week. I think i need to do more days, but any longer per session and i don't know that i'd be as efficient. Maybe that will change as i start targeting muscle areas, but i feel pretty good after each work out.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I spend about 2-3 hours lifting per week. I also run, cycle, hit the heavy bag, HIIT, etc., for another 2-3 hours
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    45-60 minutes, then I bounce.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My gym is my basement, and I spend one hour max 4-5 days a week. I do half hour cardio half hour weights, I am pretty taxed after an hour. Even though I have all the needed equipment in my house I have no desire to spend countless hours working out, I have learned more is not always better.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    2 to 5 hours - Monday through Friday. Except this past week because I pulled my shoulder/neck or something and couldn't turn my head. It was heinous. I had to stay home all week and actually try to eat 1200 calories. :s

5 hours of exercise?
  • Nathy_F
    Nathy_F Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I spend around 2-4 hours in the gym everyday, i don't have any friends so it's kind of my happy place

Same lol.. I prefer to work out alone.. my free time and I enjoy it