Blowing diet at night

Options
2»

Replies

• beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    @toxikon None of the studies stated inconsistent results from that article. Only one study actually stated more research needed to be done to confirm results and that had to do with carbohydrate distribution for satiety.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    If I wait to eat till I'm really hungry then I go over too, so I have a snack before I get hungry for dinner, usually 1/2 cup non fat greek yogurt with strawberrys or something small. I have more calories at dinner then lunch or breakfast & I have my "dessert" right after dinner. If I eat a snack a few hours after dinner, it gives me an appitite so I have as big a meal around 6-7 as I can & not eat any more
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    amandallee wrote: »
    I'm doing the Atkins diet... I always eat breakfast.. usually eggs and sausage... drink nothing by water... usually cheese for a morning snack... low carb lunch.. Atkins bar for evening snack... I watch my calories also. But then by dinner I'm STARVING and usually end up over eating and blowing everything. It's very frustrating. I have a desk job, but I make a point to get up and walk atleast 300 steps every hour. I try to walk in the evenings after dinner but I'm a FTM to a 1 year old (you'd think chasing him would be enough - he never stops) and I've recently plateaued on weight loss. Is anyone else having this problem? I still have about 45 lbs to lose. Any advice is appreciated!!!

Are you getting enough fat in your meals? If you keep your fat intake high enough, you should feel full throughout the day. Sometimes stress causes us to eat or make us think we're hungry when in fact we're not. I know, I have 3 kids, and stress would cause me to over-eat at times. Keep up the great work, congrats on your progress!
  • amandallee
    amandallee Posts: 40 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Update: I added more food to breakfast this morning which pushed my lunch out a little later which kept me a little more satisfied throughout the day. I was still pretty hungry by dinner time but I wasn't ravenous. And I also had more veggies tonight at dinner and was able to walk 4miles today. Thanks again everyone!!!