How to deal with loss.

A couple of days ago my boyfriend and I had someone close to us pass away. I haven't been eating very well since then. Any advice/motivation on how to get out of this funk?? Because all I want to do is eat ice cream and fried chicken.

Replies

• Cheery83
    Cheery83 Posts: 208 Member
    I am sorry for your loss. Cant really give any advice since comfort eating gave me 26 kg (52 pounds aprox)
    I hope you manage to get your bearings and find a good way to live with your loss. The best advice would probably be to try to keep the bloodsugar even so you dont get hungry
  • klm451
    klm451 Posts: 5 Member
    I understand completely. I started this weight loss journey in January and since then anything stressful that could have happened has happened. My grandmother died a little over a month ago. Some days all I want to do is lay in bed and cry and eat whatever I want. I give in a little sometimes. But I know my grandmother wouldn't want me to continue to gain weight. I'm also in the last semester of my graduate program. The only thing keeping me going is the fact that I talked with her before she died and I know she wants me to finish this program. So what I'm doing is basically keeping myself super busy and not stopping until I'm exhausted. Walking and exercising is actually helping somewhat with the grieving and weight loss. And when I feel guilty about not crying all day I remind myself of that day we talked about school and what my goals were. I know my situation is different but maybe this helps.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    Give yourself a couple of days including ice cream and fried chicken (try and keep it within your calorie allowance) but make sure to get some fruit and veg in as well, get out for a walk with your boyfriend, do something you both enjoy to try and help distract yourselves. Then try and get back to your normal way of eating (whether that be a deficit or maintaining not sure which you're currently doing).