Looking for friends, maybe?

Options
Hi! My name is Kali. I live in Florida. I'm a Middle School English teacher and I have 3 boys. In the last ten years, I have reached a huge amount of my goals. Ten years ago, my husband and I were broke, had no educations, and no idea what we were going to do. So we made a plan, a 5 year plan. We both went back to school, I started a business, and though it was a very hard 5 years, we persevered, and reached our goals. I'm 3 months away from finishing my Master's in education. I have a career that I love. I write a blog, and I am writing a novel.

The funny thing is, I'm not lazy. I work really hard. I set goals and I give them my all. But for some reason, I can't seem to apply this to losing weight. I guess that I tell myself that I don't care? But we all know that's not true. I am the Queen of getting things done. So why can't I do this? I know HOW, I know exactly what I need to do, I just don't do it. I have no excuse. I don't get it. I LIKE vegetables!!! (lol) I gotta do something, though. I've got a *kitten* load of weight to lose, and it ain't gonna fall off on it's own.

So as a busy mom, teacher, and writer, I haven't got a lot of time for friends. I think it would be nice to have some friends who were motivated, and who might care enough to want to see me succeed. I mean, I have my husband, and I love him, but he is so far from being able to understand this albatross that I carry. Know what I mean? (In other words, the jerk's skinny lol) Anyhow, I'd love to meet some of you lovely people! I think I might be more inclined to log in to this app if I had some friendships with others. :-)

Replies

• 100poundsx
    100poundsx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi Kali! I live in Florida, too. I totally understand where you're coming from. I am able to achieve goals.... any goal except for sticking to my goal of healthier living. I think it has to do with having a food addiction (okay, it's self diagnosed but I've thought long and hard about it). So this time around, I've decided to fight this mentally and physically.

I'm going to add you because I would love to make a new friend :)