Trendweight Question

Options
I weigh almost every day and enter my numbers in Trendweight through FitBit. I've just recommitted to tighter logging in an effort to lose those last "10" .

Granted it's only been a few days, but I'm not sure I completely understand the last sentence of TW's observation. I'd get it if there was a goal date, but I'm not sure exactly what the last sentence is telling me (other than I need to generally pull my intake back!).

You are gaining 0.5 lbs/week of total weight.
You are burning 237 cal/day less than you eat.
You have been tracking your weight for 9 weeks.
You have 11.5 lbs to lose to reach your goal weight.
You must cut 737 cal/day to match your plan.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Wow, I hadn't seen that function before. You're right, you have to have a time frame in order to know how much you have to cut. I don't know if TW has set a fictional end date for you, or retrieved it from somewhere, or if it's just a hiccup.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    no44s4me wrote: »
    I weigh almost every day and enter my numbers in Trendweight through FitBit. I've just recommitted to tighter logging in an effort to lose those last "10" .

Granted it's only been a few days, but I'm not sure I completely understand the last sentence of TW's observation. I'd get it if there was a goal date, but I'm not sure exactly what the last sentence is telling me (other than I need to generally pull my intake back!).

You are gaining 0.5 lbs/week of total weight.
    You have been tracking your weight for 9 weeks.
    You have 11.5 lbs to lose to reach your goal weight.
    You must cut 737 cal/day to match your plan.

Any insight would be appreciated!

It's working on the basis that you are eating enough daily to gain half a pound a week, so by reducing your calories by 737 you would then be in a deficit to lose a pound a week. (Minus 237 to get you back to maintenance and then minus 500 to lose a pound a week.)
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yeah...it's based on the rate of loss you put in. If you were losing weight, there would be a line that told you what date you would reach your goal if your current rate of loss stays the same. And if you were losing faster/slower that last line would tell you how many more/fewer calories you need to get to your goal rate of loss.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options

Bottom line:

Eat 237 cal less to stay the same weight
    Burn 237 cal and eat the same to stay the same weight

To lose weight at a number to the above number each day to lose weight keeping in mind that 3500 calories equals one pound of body weight.

So each day (over a week) 500 less plus the 237 less equals 737 calories you either have to burn or not eat to lose a pound over a week.

(Which is a little drastic IMO)