Minimizing water retention/ fluctuation

Options
jamcdonel
jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
This is a double post from the main weight loss discussion board, but I have a level of trust with the hive mind over here. Forgive me if I am making a social blunder.

I have a drop-dead weigh in 10 days from today. As in "For x height, you must weigh y pounds or less by z date or you may not participate in this activity."

I have made weight...barely... after losing 60+ pounds, but I easily can go back up over goal if I "retain water" ( I can easily fluctuate 5 pounds this way).

Any tips or ideas for minimizing the fluctuation or retention? Limit sodium and carb intake I've got. Any others?

How do I keep myself from packing on 5 pounds of water the day before weigh in? Especially since I will be flying that day!

HALP!

Replies

• Chase_The_Pain
    Chase_The_Pain Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Go to the Dr and ask him to prescribe lassix for water retention and to regulate your BP. Drink lots of water though.... suck it down all day.
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all. I had thought about Lasix, but I have to have normal, unmedicated BP for this. Sounds like Potassium and lots of water, which is kind of counterintuitive, is my best bet.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    How close are you to said weight? What time of day are they going to weigh you?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I would recommend not adding too much additional newexercise because that can increase water retention as your body recovers