What a ride it's been!

Options
JeromeBarry1
JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
Here I am, sipping on a green smoothie, realizing that I have freaking done it! I'm in my maintenance range. This life isn't over and I don't go back to eating 6 big meals a day, but the 17+ years since I kissed my wife at midnight of New Year's Day Y2K and realized "I'm alive and my family has equipped me with the genetics to live 100 years, so I will act like I want to" have finally gotten to the point where I am not obese, I am not overweight, I am not ignorant or compulsive.
I've learned so much about me, about food, about biology and physiology and woo and all the wonderfully beautiful people (that's you) in the world who want to help strangers (that's me).

I don't have a smart phone and I don't have progress photos. I'm at 165 lb today. My goal weight is 160, but that's arbitrary. I wanted to reach that and then maintain at +- 5 lb. On those terms, I've succeeded to reach my maintenance range.

Replies

• buggleuh749
    buggleuh749 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Aww the part about your wife and fam is so sweet! Congrats Jerome, you're awesome. Keep at it!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Many congrats. It's been nice to watch your progress.

Now about that green smoothie... :o:flowerforyou:
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. What an accomplishment!
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Congrats dude!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great work...well done!
  • pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Fabulous post! Congratulations!
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You (stranger) are awesome! And I (another stranger) am very happy for all you have learned and achieved! :smiley: So inspiring! :star:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!