Recently Vegetarian

Options
bclark232
bclark232 Posts: 5 Member
Hello all. I just recently decided that a vegetarian lifestyle was better for me over all. Im not a huge meat fan anyways and rarely eat eggs and such...that being said, I am not Vegan. I prefer the vegetarian lifestyle and feel comfortable with a plant based diet. Are there any recipes that anyone is willing to share?? I prefer no eggs but willing to use parkay. Any tips or recipes would be highly appreciated!!

Replies

• NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    There's a group called Happy Herbivores. Check out this group. It has recipes.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Acorn squash bowls! cut it in half scoop out the seeds, a little olive oil and bake it face down in the oven until you can stick a fork in it (like a baked potato) Then flip it over and fill it with whatever you want. I like to fill mine with seasoned rice mixture with,corn,black beans, fresh tomatoes, onions etc. But you could fill it with anything
  • ejohnson2478
    ejohnson2478 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I loooove using chickpeas! Doesn't sound like much of a meal, but it's easy to add tomatoes, edamame, cucumber, corn, zucchini, feta, or pesto to make it an easy lunch! Not to mention it is very filling and chocked with protein.
  • xoxoniesha
    xoxoniesha Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I loooove using chickpeas! Doesn't sound like much of a meal, but it's easy to add tomatoes, edamame, cucumber, corn, zucchini, feta, or pesto to make it an easy lunch! Not to mention it is very filling and chocked with protein.

Chickpeas are really great! I recently got a recipe from a coworker for chickpea curry and it is pretty good.

• yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I made this Corn Potato Chowder from Cooking Light tonight. It was a huge hit with the family. They put bacon and shredded cheddar on theirs, I did not. I subbed red bell pepper. I also found it needed more liquid, so I added 1 C vegetable broth and lots more salt and black pepper. Will definitely be adding this one into the meal rotation--super easy and so fresh-tasting.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/corn-potato-chowder