Measurements

Options
What is a good size for your thighs and calves to get to. Right now my calves are 12.5 and my thighs are 23. I was just wondering so I have something to shoot for.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Depends on your goals. If your goals are to have 25" thighs, then the answer would be 25". If your goal is to be able to lift a certain number of pounds or run a certain distance or do a certain yoga pose, etc., it doesn't really matter.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Much too personal for anyone to dictate a certain number to you. It will be different if you are 5'0 or 6'0, male or female, aiming for thin or thick physique, trying to lose weight or build muscle, etc, etc.

What is your goal? If it's to get smaller, then set a smaller number as your goal and evaluate when you get there. If it's to build muscle, then set a larger number as your goal and evaluate when you get there.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Much too personal for anyone to dictate a certain number to you. It will be different if you are 5'0 or 6'0, male or female, aiming for thin or thick physique, trying to lose weight or build muscle, etc, etc.

What is your goal? If it's to get smaller, then set a smaller number as your goal and evaluate when you get there. If it's to build muscle, then set a larger number as your goal and evaluate when you get there.

And understand that if your goal is to get smaller, there is a limiting factor of musculature. and to cut that muscle will essentially require you to be ill and bedridden for an extended period.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Those are great measurements!